• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ Sport FS in WV

Ray H

NAXJA Forum User
One owner, non smoker in excellent condition, well taken care of inside and out and very reliable.
147400 miles, 29 spline 8.25, NP231, Auto, A/C, ProComp 3.5" springs, RE Super Ride lowers, Iron Rock HD adjustable trackbar, RE SYE, JRC sliders, Warn t-case skid, factory gas tank skid, JKS discos, 5 BFG 31" MTs (about 80%), Pioneer CD/MP3 player with remote, Alpine speakers, Cobra model 19 CB, GDI three core radiator, aux. tranny cooler, FlowKooler water pump, Drawtite hitch, Detours winch mount w/ Warn X8000i winch & 2 D rings, Optima yellow top, Husky liners, factory service manual & Haynes manual.
Everything works as it should. No rips, tears or stains on interior, the seats and carpet have been covered since new. The body has no rust. It does have rock chips and a couple very shallow(pencil erasor sized) dents and a couple nickel sized spots on the fender and hood where the clear coat is peeling. I tried to take specific pics of these areas but honestly, they didnt even show up. The only mechanical issue with this Jeep is a crack in the exhaust manifold.
Priced very fair and firm. $2500.

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

Last edited:
Man, Thats a heck of a deal! If I wasn't wanting a 97-99 I would be all over this one! Good luck on your sale.

Here are some close ups of the worst of the worst.
Clearcoat peeling on the hood and fender. There are a couple more spots just like these.
DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

Dent above gutter. You can barely see it.
DSCF0094.jpg

Black "sport" tape peeling above moulding. Its doing this in a couple of places but this is the worst. You can also see an example of the rock chips in the black paint.
DSCF0087.jpg

trade for a semi rusty 99 5spd? Nice rig man I would be all over it if I had the cash.

Bump for a really nice rig.

I appreciate the bumps but if you guys keep reminding me of what a good Jeep it is I'm going to change my mind and keep it. I've been on the fence about selling it for a long while anyway.

I've had a couple of requests fof pics that show the underside and the extent of any rust so here they are.
As can be seen, there is surface rust scaling in spots but there are no holes or spots crumbling away. I've tried to make a habit of wirebrushing the spot painting rust areas as I do oil changes and so forth. This has controlled it well but because its been and extra vehicle most of this year (the reason for selling) I havent gotten under it to do an oil change in awhile so I havent dealt with the rust spots in awhile. You can also see where the front pinion seal is wet. It stays wet but doesnt drip, same goes for the valve cover seal, it stays wet but wont leave any drips. The wheels also have some spots where the paint is peeling.
DSCF0103.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg

How far are you from Christiansburg, VA. Maybe i can get it and have my cousin drive it home for christmas! :D

Im about 3.5 hours straight up 81 from Christiansburg.

Im about 3.5 hours straight up 81 from Christiansburg.

hmmm...... I don't know for sure If he is coming home and Not sure when this insurance claim will be settled. I'll keep it in Mind though!

Good for them, Nice rig for an unbeatable price!

I made it clear that in the event he rolls it, he is not to post pics and in the event he wakes up tomorrow and decides he doesnt want it, I have dibbs. The money means nothing.
I couldnt watch as it backed out of the driveway for the last time, I had to turn away. I think I wouldve been just as upset if I wouldve gotten $5000 for it:(

I made it clear that in the event he rolls it, he is not to post pics and in the event he wakes up tomorrow and decides he doesnt want it, I have dibbs. The money means nothing.
I couldnt watch as it backed out of the driveway for the last time, I had to turn away. I think I wouldve been just as upset if I wouldve gotten $5000 for it:(

I hear ya on that. When I was looking at some wheeling pics the other day I damn near shed a tear seeing my Jeep!

Back