• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nates 4x4 Fail

96xjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
A friend of mine ordered a pair of TJ bumper from this place in May. He received both in Aug and the front fit and looked great but the rear was absolutly not a correct fit. He contacted Nate on several occasions and Nate told him to dispose of the old bumper and a new one was in the mail. It is now Oct and no rear bumper. He has been trying to contact Nate for the past 6 weeks or so with no success. I am spreading this post around to warn folks about poor customer service and poor buisness practices, and maybe see if the internet jeep community can get something done.

Heres his post from our club site:

I ordered a set of bumpers from this guy on May 15th 2009. Received them in August and the rear one did not fit. Have been told by Nate himself that he was sending out a replacement one on two different occasions which has never happened. Have not been able to get a hold of him for about 6 weeks. I have been emailing and calling him at least twice a week. My last email on Tuesday October 6th 2009 informed him that he has until the end of the week to show verification/proof that the replacement bumper has shipped or I am contacting his local police department which I will be doing in the morning.

Communications have been nearly non existent during the entire process and the rear bumper did not fit, not even close. He seems like a nice guy, but when you send out stuff this slow that doesn't fit and you are impossible to contact tells me otherwise about the operation of his business. Don't try to save money by ordering from this guy, the customer service and prompt delivery times are worth the extra cash from all of the other places that sell bumpers. I feel I have been more than patient with the entire situation and am just ready to get through it in which ever way puts me back at even whether it be receiving the bumper or the refund for the rear bumper and shipping. If anyone is close to this location, or knows this guy tell him the guy from order number 739 needs him to contact me. Or PM me for my number if you care to stop by his place and give me a call so I can talk to him. Will update as the story progresses.

This is the site and his contact info from the site.

http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/

Nate's Welding
312 E. Lyon Road
Midland, MI 48640

989-708-9482

From my local forum.

I don't remember exactly who it was I asked about a bumper the bought from nates 4x4, but I am seriously regretting this decision.
as of june 7th after placing my order online (which in itself was a dumb move) and being charged the 266.08 for the bumper I ordered on the 10th, I have not heard one word from nates regarding my order, it is currently pending and I have sent numerous e-mails and have also attempted to call at least a dozen times leaving a message a day and have not heard back.
I don't know if it is a one person crew, but the fact that I cannot get a hold of anyone to see what is going on with my bumper is just extremely poor customer service..
would not recommend nates 4x4 to anyone after this debacle...and now to try to figure out how I can get my 266 bucks back.

I am spreading this post around to warn folks about poor customer service and poor buisness practices, and maybe see if the internet jeep community can get something done.

What amazes me, is the already poor reputation of Nate's 4x4 on most internet Jeep communities, yet people still order from him?

I personally don't see why people want to put a piece of 2x4 that had mounts welded to it on the front of their Jeep, and call it a bumper, and think it looks good?

Good luck with trying to get thing sorted out.

Nates bumpers tend to look like poo.

Why not order from a company like rigid or jcr?

I'll back up Terry from Rigid anyday.

well like I posted on another site I didn't and wouldn't order from him, I am trying to either help him get it resolved or keep others from making the mistake from ordering from him

If you search Nate's 4x4 in the mod tech forum and probably here in non techa swell, you will find very few supporting him and many with similar stories of poor quality, poor service, slow service, never receiving anything, and/or improper fitment.

A friend of mine ordered a pair of TJ bumper from this place in May. He received both in Aug and the front fit and looked great but the rear was absolutly not a correct fit. He contacted Nate on several occasions and Nate told him to dispose of the old bumper and a new one was in the mail. It is now Oct and no rear bumper. He has been trying to contact Nate for the past 6 weeks or so with no success. I am spreading this post around to warn folks about poor customer service and poor buisness practices, and maybe see if the internet jeep community can get something done.

Heres his post from our club site:

I ordered a set of bumpers from this guy on May 15th 2009. Received them in August and the rear one did not fit. Have been told by Nate himself that he was sending out a replacement one on two different occasions which has never happened. Have not been able to get a hold of him for about 6 weeks. I have been emailing and calling him at least twice a week. My last email on Tuesday October 6th 2009 informed him that he has until the end of the week to show verification/proof that the replacement bumper has shipped or I am contacting his local police department which I will be doing in the morning.

Communications have been nearly non existent during the entire process and the rear bumper did not fit, not even close. He seems like a nice guy, but when you send out stuff this slow that doesn't fit and you are impossible to contact tells me otherwise about the operation of his business. Don't try to save money by ordering from this guy, the customer service and prompt delivery times are worth the extra cash from all of the other places that sell bumpers. I feel I have been more than patient with the entire situation and am just ready to get through it in which ever way puts me back at even whether it be receiving the bumper or the refund for the rear bumper and shipping. If anyone is close to this location, or knows this guy tell him the guy from order number 739 needs him to contact me. Or PM me for my number if you care to stop by his place and give me a call so I can talk to him. Will update as the story progresses.

This is the site and his contact info from the site.

http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/

Nate's Welding
312 E. Lyon Road
Midland, MI 48640

989-708-9482
Same type of problem here ordered a Xj front bumper in August, Nate sent the back one same story The front one is on the way!!! Its oct28 th, Cant reach him via email or phone, Whats a guy too do! bumperles xj

Last edited:
I'd show up at nate's welding demanding my money back!

Back