• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Holiday Toy Drive, November 21st, 2009

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey everyone. Time again for the Sierra Chapter's 2nd annual holiday toy drive. Last year's run was a great success. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=965126

We collected and donated over 60 toys last year to the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program.

NAXJA_ToyDrive16-09.jpg

Letterman helped out again with the graphics. Thanks Dave, you always do great work!

So mark your calenders, talk your friends and co-workers into coming along or donating a toy for you to bring out. Everyone is invited to this run regardless of what type of vehicle you drive. I plan on printing out flyers and dropping them off at some local 4wd shops and a few of my local Starbucks. Please feel free to print and distribute the flyers as needed. The more exposure we get the more toys we will collect for needy children.

I will be hosting the Hollister Hills run. The plan is to meet at the main obstacle course to collect toys between 10 and 11.

The Prairie City run is still in the works and details will be announced soon, but plan on being there around 10am on November 21st.

This is a great cause guys. My church is a distribution point for Toys for Tots. The Marines gave us some 200+ toys last year and together with our own donations we gave to over 300 kids in December 2008 and fed their families as well (1200+ total). Also wrapped them for any that wished. A lot of happy parents who get credit for being "Santa" to their kids with no strings attached. That's what makes it worthwhile. I can post up some pics from this year's distribution after the fact if you guys are interested?

This is a great cause guys. My church is a distribution point for Toys for Tots. The Marines gave us some 200+ toys last year and together with our own donations we gave to over 300 kids in December 2008 and fed their families as well (1200+ total). Also wrapped them for any that wished. A lot of happy parents who get credit for being "Santa" to their kids with no strings attached. That's what makes it worthwhile. I can post up some pics from this year's distribution after the fact if you guys are interested?

Very cool. I think seeing some kids benefit from the donations made would be great.

So are you coming to Hollister for the run?

any word on the prarie city get together?, i know a bunch of people who can donate, and a few with some rigs to come and have fun. just need to know details. ie who to contact etc. thanx

any word on the prarie city get together?, i know a bunch of people who can donate, and a few with some rigs to come and have fun. just need to know details. ie who to contact etc. thanx

Well at this point there is nobody to host it. I contacted 2 different people, both have conflicts with work.

This doesn't mean the run isn't going to happen. If anyone is interested in hosting the run, please send me a PM about it.

What I need is someone who will be there for sure and collect the toys. Then meet up with either me or Phil to hand off the toys somewhere in Sacramento. Phil and I will drop them off at the Marine Corps station in Concord once we have all the toys together.

Very cool. I think seeing some kids benefit from the donations made would be great.

So are you coming to Hollister for the run?

Absolutely! I have to get my front gears done... 4.10's rear and 3.55's front make for some bad wheeling!

Hey Brian,
sent you a pm, my wife and I are going to host the P.C. event. we are still getting fliers out. If enough people can get out there we will probly cook up some dogs or something. little less than two months to go. hope to see some of you out there.
:yelclap:

for the P.C. event I talked to my boss who is a member of some jeeper jamboree chapter, and they are meeting tonight to see if they will just combine their toys for tots programee with ours, most will probly meet at p.c but some may go to hollister. We may get a real good turnout this year. Would be great to see some people commit to the p.c. location so my wife and I can get some dogs and burgers together.:eeks1:

Back