• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fittings for OBA

bbaker80

NAXJA Forum User
I'm working on an OBA setup using the stock compressor. I know how to hook everything once I get it connected to the compressor, but can I just cut off the AC lines and flare the ends to connect the hose? Would I be better off removing all the stock connections at the compressor and finding fittings at a plumbing shop? Also, since I can't start the Jeep right now to see for myself (see post about coolant vs water), which side sucks and which side blows?

the easiest way to connect it is definitely to cut the tubing and either flare it or use a compression fitting that has NPT on the other side.

there's a place near me called American Hose and Hardware that has any weird off the wall fitting you could ever need. check and see if there's a place similar near you, and talk to them about it.

for the suck/blow question, you can always take the belt off and spin the compressor by hand. put a finger over an outlet and spin, you can tell if its blowing or not.

I have the same plans on using stock compressor. If I had the motor in, the pump would be all that is left of A/C. (took parts out before sending a rod throgh the block). A fella named Mark from here sent me this.

As fallows!

1st go to cherokee america, they have a good write up on the conversion there.

i used the fittings that were on the compressor, and i took them to lowes hardware and got fittings to reduce them to 1/4. oh yeah, take both of the fittings if you are doing it that way, cuz they are both different sizes. from lowes i bought, a brass t a 125# pop off valve, all of my pipe fittings, and 1/4 high pressure hose. at tractor supply company, i bought a mini tool oiler, and a mini filter/water seperator, a small round lawnmower air filter for the intake side of the compressor. oh yeah, i also got some clear tube for the intake side, since there is no pressure on that side, and it slid right into the lawnmower filer. like i said before, just go to cherokee america, and they have a diagram that you can click on and it will show you what goes where, since i dont have a tank yet, i dont have any need for the pressure switch.
parts from Tractor Supply
mini tool oilier-$29.99
mini water/oil separator-$12.99

parts from Lowes
safety pop off valve 125#-$8.99
then about $15-$20 worth of various fittings from the plumbing department and some 1/4" high pressure hose

Back