• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bump stop help

EFR98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I used the shops alignment rack to measure what size bump stop I need. I got her up as high as i could (opposite tire starts to lift). I looked underneath and found that there is a 6"s of gap. The rear tire did not even tuck in. I'm running 6.5" of lift CA drop bracket, LCA and stock UCA. obviously the CAs are keeping me from going any higher. So do i fill in that gap? Thanks again

6.jpg

Top of the tire was tucked
7.jpg

8.jpg

Well just got back in from the garage and the hang up maybe that my NEW RE mono tubes are bottoming out part# 1064(SIGH). Didnt think to check them out while I was stuffed. They are rated at 4.5 to 5.5" of lift. I am running BPEs. Shouldnt that account for anything? Did not expect to go this tall but at the time I had to add some lift to the front cuz when I added the shackle correction bracket it added some lift in the rear. Shackle angle is at 30deg.. If I drop down 45 it lowers the rear .5" then I can remove the front spacer. I dont think .5" would make a difference in keeping the shocks from bottoming out. Sorry guys its late and I'm rating on n on. Its kinda weighing heavy on my mind. I just bought these shocks and hate to have to sell them and get the correct ones. Is there such thing as coil bind? Ill throw it back on rack tomorrow to confirm.

Well if you keep the existing shocks you have to bump stop it just prior to full compression. or risk thrashing the shocks. a lot of people just buy shocks according to there lift height. bad mistake, always disco or totally remove shaocks and measure droop and compression as you did, after the fact. lesson learned! very nice looking rig.

Well put her up again after work today. Confirmed that the shock is not bottoming out. I have about and inch from the bottom of the shock body to bottom of the shock base. I saw that the back end of the spring was almost touching each other.

I cant put hockey pucks cuz the shocks will hit the puck before it reaches the stock bump stop at that compression.
Thanks for the replies!

why is your coil so crooked?

Back