• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration after changing Brakes

XJ01-08

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Well i just got my my brakes done, and it seems to have developed a new vibe. I replaced my drums and while i had it that far i replaced the axle bearings and seals. The vibration only seems to happen above 60mph. Any idea what would of caused this new vibration?

Thanks

Shouldn't need to. Drums are self balanced

Do you have the vibration all the time over 60 or just when "braking" at speeds over 60? If you didn't have this vibration BEFORE the work, then remembering the laws of "cause and effect", you have to look at the work that was recently done as somehow contributing to the symptoms.

when i replaced the drums on my 94 i has a set off of a 96 that i had turned so i used them, afterwards i had a vibe above 50, when i pulled the pulled the wheels to check, the drum was not seated against the wheel studs, put the 94 drums back on and hav has no vibes since. chek to make sure the drums seat against the axle flange and that they are centered on the wheel studs hth also might try and backing the shoes off a little to see if that helps, might have one too tight and dragging a little

the vibration is constant at speeds over 60, only other thing i can think of is me pulling the axle shafts to replace the bearings

Back