• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

I really hope if that shell sells, that it's to another naxja member that will enjoy it and keep it. Such a famous and well known xj.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. This is a pretty good story. Whatever came of the racecar?

It lies in wait for a future King of the Hammers to pull the shifter from the stone and face his destiny.

He needs to basically bring an entire race car with him, because its mostly a stripped out shell.

Prospective buyer: "I'm here about the race car for sale."
Cal: "This is it."
Prospective buyer: "I'm not a complete idiot - there are parts missing."

Prospective buyer: "I'm here about the race car for sale."
Cal: "This is it."
Prospective buyer: "I'm not a complete idiot - there are parts missing."

Cal: "Story of my life."

Game Over.

82NIMoY.jpg

Now it's time to return to telling stories around a campfire with my friends.

I can't tell you how much that excites me.

How much for the shell? And location if it's available. My cell is 5305596254. Too hard for me to be on forum at work. Names Spencer thanks.

It's in Bakersfield.

Convince us you're serious and we can talk, but its pretty effing hammered.

It's in Bakersfield.

Convince us you're serious and we can talk, but its pretty effing hammered.

Text me your number so I can give you a call. I was just getting ready to build my own stock class xj for next Koh and VORRA. I work on 4400 cars currently with UFO Fab.

I have axles suspension and a full 2-3 drivetrains lying around for build and extra parts. But I figured I'd look around for a tag Koh chassis first. My buddy Casey sent me over here.

Haha. Unfortunatly throwing my name around wont give you any additional help, I'm a nobody. I havnt had the chance to meet Cal and have only gone to Richards shop a few times for jeep help. Met Richard again last year at SierraFEST but that's about it.

Haha. Unfortunatly throwing my name around wont give you any additional help, I'm a nobody. I havnt had the chance to meet Cal and have only gone to Richards shop a few times for jeep help. Met Richard again last year at SierraFEST but that's about it.

I was wondering but I wasn't going to throw anyone under the bus. ;)

I was wondering but I wasn't going to throw anyone under the bus. ;)

Haha yeh, I remembered seeing the thread "end" with the shell at Richards shop and Spencer was talking about building a car but wanting to start with a teched cage.

I haven't met you Cal but you've wheeled with one of our good friends at SierraFEST a few years back and let him drive this thing I think. Jeepinseal aka John Sheahan.

Yeah I know John, he's a good guy. He and Pat helped me move once, and we ended up heading down to Hollister for a day.

We got some pretty wicked air at that place. ;)

Yeah I know John, he's a good guy. He and Pat helped me move once, and we ended up heading down to Hollister for a day.

We got some pretty wicked air at that place. ;)

Yep, he was best man at my wedding and I'm going to be best man at his this summer.

the bronco leaf springs were pretty interesting the a pretty elegant solution to avoid smacking the shackle on the crossmember/bumper/every rock ever.

How's the ride/performance on the unicorn with the G9s compare to racecar with the G80s, (realizing they are built to do different things)?

My RE leaves are getting pretty flat now that they are almost 15 years old. Planning to go with Deavers, but wouldn't mind squeezing a longer leaf in. Just not convinced I wanna go through the effort to rework the mount for a jeep that spends most of its time parked and only a few weekends a year in the dirt. I'll likely go G9s and 5100s and call it a day after I finish plating the rear rails.

Back