• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED Taillight question

axmaxwell

NAXJA Forum User
17203041_10154341855711198_5502438665863397958_n.jpg

I searched for a post related to this and didnt find it.

I bought LEDs for my tail light replacement and found that my rear bulb sockets are not led compatible like my front turn signals and rear markers.

does anyone know what bulb sockets I need to replace them with?

Far as I know up to '96 they used ordinary bayonet bulbs & with the face lift (including re-styled tai lights) they went to capless "wedgies". Problem 1: not all listings acknowledge the change. Problem 2: the wedgies are very similar to, but not the same as, the more common fitment. They have a black plastic base & are listed as "fits some Chryslers". Their sockets are so similar to those for the more common capless bulbs that they will fit but pop out. LED replacements are available for all fitments, although a little time, care & patience will be required in correctly identifying those for '97 up models, especially if buying on-line.

Back