• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking about moving to McKinney

SeansXJ

NAXJA Forum User
well some opportunities have come my way out in Dallas but my family stays in McKinney. i have been out there 2 times a year for 3 years and i really like area. im an avid fisherman and wheeler. any guys here local? ill be driving from Sacramento,Ca in late Sept from the looks of it. well i just thought i would post up to see whats up near McKinney for wheelin if there is any.

here are a couple of the rig
006_6-1.jpg

188_188.jpg

Sean

Ah well... Texas is a small state so everyone lives close to McKinney.

I'm in Denton, which is 30 minutes West of McKinney. There are a few of us in the area actually.

As for wheeling around here...uummm...there isn't any place to legally do it around here right now. There is supposed to be a small ORV park opening in the next coupld of months. It's about 20 west of me.

Dude...Kurt...stop editing my posts and taking words out so that it makes me look stupid. :)

20 MINUTES...the unit of measurement previously mentioned in the post in question...SHEESH!

I dress like a little school girl on the weekends.

If I edited your post it would tell everyone that I did.

See above.

Ok guess it doesn't if you are not a paid member....

OH this is going to be fun now... Muhahahaha

well some opportunities have come my way out in Dallas but my family stays in McKinney. i have been out there 2 times a year for 3 years and i really like area. im an avid fisherman and wheeler. any guys here local? ill be driving from Sacramento,Ca in late Sept from the looks of it. well i just thought i would post up to see whats up near McKinney for wheelin if there is any.

Wheeling in texas??
RIGHT!!
Stay where your at unless you like to pay to wheel.
Besides that....
closest thing to mountains we got are fire-ant hills.

Area aint too bad for fishing. LOTS of farm ponds IF the owners will let ya fish 'em.
You WILL hate the weather. (i grew up in So. Cal.--- San Diego)

Remember one thing....
texas is like... 99% PRIVATE PROPERTY.
(maybe not that much... but it SURE seems like it)

BTW...
was just in Sacto couple weeks ago.
Look familiar to you?

SacramentotoSparksnv043.jpg

LOL!!!

well like i was saying i have been out there a few times and i kinda figured the wheeling was few and far between. main thing for me is Cali just is'nt the place to be right now and its not going to get any better soon. im just trying to start fresh and i have a few things work wise going for me out that way. and man the cost of living is lovely compared to here, thats enough reason in its own right there. i still have time to feel it out and im actually thinking about coming out there for a week or so in August to get some things lined up. either way im sure i can make the best of it one way or another, atleast im trying to think positive about it.

thanks guys!
Sean

well like i was saying i have been out there a few times and i kinda figured the wheeling was few and far between. main thing for me is Cali just is'nt the place to be right now and its not going to get any better soon. im just trying to start fresh and i have a few things work wise going for me out that way. and man the cost of living is lovely compared to here, thats enough reason in its own right there. i still have time to feel it out and im actually thinking about coming out there for a week or so in August to get some things lined up. either way im sure i can make the best of it one way or another, atleast im trying to think positive about it.

thanks guys!
Sean

From what I've seen, wheeling in Texas is just like hunting here-there's some neat places, but expect to pay if you wanna play.

Sean,

I moved from Discovery Bay 2 years ago and love it here in Texas. No state tax here and sales tax is at least reasonable. Now we don't have mountains close by and that kind of sucks, but lots of lakes and such and great p[lace to raise a family, plus Texas isn't 24 billion dollars in debt. LOL!

ya i really don't mind paying to wheel if it comes down to it. i know Katemcy is a good drive away from McKinney but its a place on my list to wheel. i will miss the Rubicon, Fordyce, Moon rocks, Dusy Trail, Niagra rim and the like, i can keep going but life goes on lol. the thing that kinda out weighs the wheling is how killer the fishing is out there. the community i would be staying is has 9 ponds that are full of Bass in the 7-10lb range and giant cats also. i love it everytime i visit and im always saying how i don't want to leave. i think i will love it living there, time will tell i guess.

sorry for the double post, my comp froze up lastnight and i just crashed out so i did'nt get a chance to delete the second one.

thanks again guys
Sean

My best friend just moved up to Mckinney and he likes it alot. ive been up there and if i was going to live in the dallas area i would live probably in mckinney.

katemcy is closed sorry. the wheelin is few and far between but if you look for it and dont mind driving then its rally not that bad. fishing is good. i like heading to the gulf and bay fishing and i like to fish the lakes too. you will like texas most that move here do.when i lived in socal for a few years everyone i talked to about texas said they loved it here. so if you liked it by staying just for a while you will like living here.

Back