• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

POOR vaccum

Well the cruise could have other problems. Like the top side, second brake switch sticking, white plastic switch hidden up towards the dash, top part of the brake peddle arm. It has a vacuum line on it too IIRC (electric and pneumatic I think). Or the electrics in the column switch , or the yellow computer under the bottom dash, drivers side (what year is yours?).

The damper doors and actuators are under the dash, on both sides. I am not sure which damper door is where right now. It is in a recent thread under AC here somewhere, but probably hard to find in search too.

I know the fresh air, max inside air circulation door is on the far right passenger side near the door. Another is near your left knee while driving, near the ash tray. I think there is third one buried way up inside, but not sure. I have not had to go that deep on mine yet.

I've got a 97 and I can get the cruise light to activate on the gauge cluster. I assumed because the HVAC selector didn't work that the two were connected.

I've got a 97 and I can get the cruise light to activate on the gauge cluster. I assumed because the HVAC selector didn't work that the two were connected.

The theory is worth testing out, they may be related, or not. But don't overlook other possibilities like that brake switch. It can be opened and cleaned. Lawsoncl made a post on that switch here somewhere in the past 12 months.

Back