• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Pins

foress_89

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys I own a 92 cherokee 2 doors and my pins are quite worn, do you guys have good experience when changing pins? I mean, does it stiffens the doors or are the hinges themselves usually worn out too?

Also, I got this part number for my jeep 4636 276

The only part I found available is 55012900K
wich is said to be for 97-01.

Does anyone know if they fit, or where I can find the original part number, or replacement.
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/door-hinge-pin-and-bushing-kit-55012900k.html

the pins don't usually wear out, more often than not it's the factory welds holding the hinges to the body that fail.

I've replaced mine and it helped a little. The problem seems to be more where the two parts of the hinge come together.

The part you listed won't work. I did a quick search and found these http://www.partspros.com/9020216.html

thanks for finding some, I'll look into it. I'm not sure I'll spend over 50 bucks + shipping to fix my doors tho.

::because shipping to canada from US is never inexpensive

Last edited:
What is your issue? Doors sagging and you have a gap at the top of the door or the latch isn't aligning with the striker or maybe both?

I've done this many times and never had any issue with it; I put a 2X4 under the door just behind the bottom lip and put a floor jack about 3/4 ways toward the end and jack the door up. The door should be more closed than open, typically about a foot gap.

Ideally you want the top seal to seal well and then you adjust the striker. I mark around the striker with a felt tip pen, so I can get back to where it was and just temporarily remove it. I jacked a little, checked the seal fit, jack a little more, check again. If you go to far, you can hang on the door end and bounce a little it will come down.

Like mentioned, you have to check the health of the hinges where they meet the sheet metal.

If the door is canted you can wedge a piece of 2X4 at the the top or bottom and push the opposite end. Just be careful of the sheet metal and push on something near a seam or corner. Only use moderate force and bounce a little, it isn't nearly as rigid as you think it is.

I works for me, I've repaired a lot of doors and I always managed to get a decent fit in the end. I always figured it took twenty years for the hinges to wear this much, tweak them a little, then they should be good for another twenty. :) You can use a strip of cloth to check the door seals, you pull and if you can feel a little resistance your good.

Last edited:
Back