• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I had not heard of Acorns, though I used to do that physically - save change from every transaction. What kind of interest rate do you get on an Acorns "savings" account?

I was 1st exposed to Bitcoin when it was at $30, but was too tech-unsavvy to grasp it... my investment banker told me to get interested in it again several months ago when it was at $5k, and I laughed, saying it was certainly in a bubble and if I bought it would be a "buy high/sell low" scenario (my typical pattern, thus I am broke)... damn.

Curious as to what you guys sink your money into? Im sort of at an eggs in one basket point where I’m mostly in CBD startups. Pretty cheap buyins and average stocks would net pretty good ROI after a year or two of being public.

All my spare cash (and time) goes into the kid's dirt bike racing.

I am starting to mine Ethereum, it might pan out.

I had not heard of Acorns, though I used to do that physically - save change from every transaction. What kind of interest rate do you get on an Acorns "savings" account?

I was 1st exposed to Bitcoin when it was at $30, but was too tech-unsavvy to grasp it... my investment banker told me to get interested in it again several months ago when it was at $5k, and I laughed, saying it was certainly in a bubble and if I bought it would be a "buy high/sell low" scenario (my typical pattern, thus I am broke)... damn.

Acorns i get 4-6% back. Much better than a savings account and it will link and grab change round up if you want it to.

I may have to look at that. That sounds pretty neat collkid.
Currently I have the work 401, another 401, company stocks (a sweet incentive in those) 4cbd startups, and if you count the house as an investment, that as well.
I’m super bummed missing the boat on the crypto thing (with all media and social media buzz about it, I don’t like it as a buy in anymore) but glad I was able to make a little coin to put toward the truck purchase when I needed it. Just waiting to see if any of my CBD take off and I may end up using most to reinvest elsewhere.

I was working on this problem:

attachment.php

Spied this problem...

attachment.php

attachment.php

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think a lottery ticket would be a waste of money at this point...

Now that I have a mess of hardware on hand, do I pull the overloads altogether, or slap some XJ leaves into the pack? BTW, those are some old Rusty's lift springs that have been service for at least three years.

attachment.php

I'd go for the bastard pack.

I wonder who makes their springs? Those aren't the first I've seen break. And 3yrs doesn't seem like they lasted very long.

Someone in Mexico... I fought with that $hitty company years ago about a failing set of leafs I got from them. They refused to make it right with me. When I called them out for saying my leafs were made in America, they told me that Mexico is on the North America continent, so their shady advertising wasn't a lie.

Upper leaf in this pic was from Crusty's... It didn't last very long at all. Bottom leaf was the replacement, they were sweet!

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

Sooooo anyone here getting on that Bitcoin train?

Not me. I did my final DD on it last week, and I read last week that there is a sister exchange, that is also a crypto coin that is convertible into bit coin, that has unlimited ability to create coins (unlike Bitcoin), that are then convertable into Bitcoins that is creating massive volumes of the sister coin to inflate the bit coin value recently. The guy that exposed it had data and charts showing the correlation. IF he is right the news is out and the source of the recent blow up may be close to being shut down by US Martials and the FBI...

At some point it will turn into a house of cards and crash, especially if the central banks governments intervene and shut if down, outlaw it. And they will, they hate competition and they do not want ISIS and terrorists using (it is to some extent untraceable money, if you do it right). I am afraid too many people are borrowing money to buy into now, so when it crashes, it could be the next black swan event that crashes the economy. So do not put more into it than you can risk loosing in one hour or day!!!!

On the other hand I put my money into a stock SGSIF that rallied 211% last week. A few more weeks like that I will retire. :loveu: It is not a bubble.

I finally, yesterday, got all but the front bolt out on mine, on the busted spring I tried 3 times to replace.... 30 year old, rusted OEMs bolts nightmare. Down to the inner steel sleeve of the front bushing and bolt on the front one is all we had left when decided to stop for the day. Need a cold chisel punch I did not have hand at the house. Took 3 of us. 2.5 more hours, a grinder, huge heavy electric industrial Impact wrench, a crow bar used for removing storm sewer covers, LOL, and a torch get that far!!!

I told the rear bolt that Resistance was Futile, and Used the F=MA to beat it at its own game, LOL. All the posts are NAXJA about what it takes to get them out on old OLD rusted ones are dead on. The good news is the front bolt did not, has not broken, so I have high hopes now.

Now that I have a mess of hardware on hand, do I pull the overloads altogether, or slap some XJ leaves into the pack? BTW, those are some old Rusty's lift springs that have been service for at least three years.

attachment.php

Well I picked up trans off CL for$160. Said it has 172k on it. Got mine pulled, found my flex plate has 3-4 cracks starting around the bolt holes and finally can fix my freeze plug back there that's been leaking on my ungodly worn out motor. Gonna order some seals and a shift kit for the "new" trans and hopefully be going again in a month or two.

No pictures, the driver side leaf pack has been reworked.

Just out of curiosity, I dropped the broken halves of the Rusty's spring on the shop floor. They had a nice ring to them, might make a nice set of steak knives, if anyone is into that.

Not me. I did my final DD on it last week, and I read last week that there is a sister exchange, that is also a crypto coin that is convertible into bit coin, that has unlimited ability to create coins (unlike Bitcoin), that are then convertable into Bitcoins that is creating massive volumes of the sister coin to inflate the bit coin value recently. The guy that exposed it had data and charts showing the correlation. IF he is right the news is out and the source of the recent blow up may be close to being shut down by US Martials and the FBI...

At some point it will turn into a house of cards and crash, especially if the central banks governments intervene and shut if down, outlaw it. And they will, they hate competition and they do not want ISIS and terrorists using (it is to some extent untraceable money, if you do it right). I am afraid too many people are borrowing money to buy into now, so when it crashes, it could be the next black swan event that crashes the economy. So do not put more into it than you can risk loosing in one hour or day!!!!

On the other hand I put my money into a stock SGSIF that rallied 211% last week. A few more weeks like that I will retire. :loveu: It is not a bubble.

I work with companies that deal in a lot of Bitcoin. Do you have actual references for any of this?

I work with companies that deal in a lot of Bitcoin. Do you have actual references for any of this?

Yep, I found it. Gotta love Googling, LOL

https://www.biznews.com/global-citizen/2017/12/06/bitcoin-bitfinex-tether-risk-crashing/

This is the core of the risk they think they have found already. It sounds real enough to me, and believable.

bitcoin-bitfinex-tether-risk-crashing....

While the bitcoin deposits may be relatively safe (but not as safe as a US bank with FDIC protection) they have been stolen before, from what I have read. And there have been server service issues trying to use it like a debit card cash at times.

I also would not be surprised if NSA is behind Bitcoin, or at least mining it for information on those trying to use the bitcoin for illegal purposes, or to hide money. But I love good conspiracies. I was too ill and too broke to get in early. No way I am jumping in now, every swinging Tom, Dick and Harry is pumping penny stocks with Bitcoin and Blockchain and Whacky Weed connections now. I like to by investments and assets before the PUMP BS starts LOL. I hear tons of idiots are selling everything they have and buying into it now, using and maxing out credit cards for loans, and so on. Reminds me of 2008 too much.

I would be curious to see what your thoughts on all of it are.

Last edited:

Anyone use the ballistic shock towers ? they are a box type tower rather than tube they look like they should be work up front on the xj for my ORI install . I Could just throw tube in the bender and make hoops but I just don't want to waste time making cheap stuff I can save time buying and just install with minimal work.

Last week I delivered to the Costco in Superior off Marshalltown rd lot had 3 trucks in it already so I parked the curb just b4 the receiving entrance . It was 0300 there are no houses on either side of me the first house is 1000ft up the road and about 10 minutes after parking a douchbag comes walking up in the dark and stands at my window to start bitchinh about the trucks parking there and it being a no parking, zone from 10pm-6am and he's being disturbed by my running truck , well my truck was shut off the minute I set my brakes ...lol...that kinda left him looking for balance in his argument then he became irate and eventually had him banging on my truck and me offering him a foot in the ass if he did not go home ...cops were called ...lol...So today I roll into Superior at 0430 and politely sound my air horn for 200 feet .

Last week I delivered to the Costco in Superior off Marshalltown rd lot had 3 trucks in it already so I parked the curb just b4 the receiving entrance . It was 0300 there are no houses on either side of me the first house is 1000ft up the road and about 10 minutes after parking a douchbag comes walking up in the dark and stands at my window to start bitchinh about the trucks parking there and it being a no parking, zone from 10pm-6am and he's being disturbed by my running truck , well my truck was shut off the minute I set my brakes ...lol...that kinda left him looking for balance in his argument then he became irate and eventually had him banging on my truck and me offering him a foot in the ass if he did not go home ...cops were called ...lol...So today I roll into Superior at 0430 and politely sound my air horn for 200 feet .

Screw that town, and that part of Louisville also. Those people are want-a-be Boulder weirdos that are angry because they want to live in Boulder but just can't afford it.

Screw that town, and that part of Louisville also. Those people are want-a-be Boulder weirdos that are angry because they want to live in Boulder but just can't afford it.

They got bike paths where road shoulders should be so I knew it had the boulder atmosphere.

Back