• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Most Awesomely Awful Foamy Adult Beverage

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
My little bro called up last night to shoot the breeze, somehow we got going down memory lane and he dropped the "H-Bomb." We were talking about the bestest cheap-buzz stuff out there, and of course, Haffenreffer Private Stock Malt Liquor (aka The Green Death) came up.

As a young teen, I put a lot of this stuff away, and to the best of my foggy memory, it never made it all the way through the night w/o seeking rapid & violent ejection. Seems like we'd get the 16oz bottles, and three of them was good for 'getting there' buzz... four was a dice roll at best, and five or six guaranteed a trip to the porcelain bus driver's academy! All that fun at 6 for $3.35 at the local grocery. Bro said they're selling it in 64oz growlers now... betcha can't swill two of those in one sitting! :eek:

Here's a review for you beer snobs:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/324/669/?sort=latest&start=0

Who else has been victimized by the Green Death, or what is/was your favorite nasty concoction?

woody said:
Don't say I didn't try to warn ya... :cheers:

Sounds like a few of those nites we all sat round drinking mad dog 2020 or bottles of boons farm or Ripple....

Night Train Express... One year we did a biker's thanksgiving dinner at the clubhouse. My mongoloid room-mate was in charge of the wine... he shows up cradling 2 paper shopping bags jammed full of Night Train. Let's just leave it at "Never again would be too soon."

No 'cheap obnoxious buzz' thread can go without giving an honorable mention to Nerve Agent (aka Jungle Juice) Pour cans of fruit into a cooler, add liberal amounts of 190 Everclear, let marinade overnight. Add fruit punch, 7Up, more 190 etc to taste. Chill & Enjoy :-<

RichP said:
Sounds like a few of those nites we all sat round drinking mad dog 2020 or bottles of boons farm or Ripple....

You sure you didn't grow up around here?

You forgot the Richard's Wild Irish Rose.

Gil BullyKatz said:
You sure you didn't grow up around here?

You forgot the Richard's Wild Irish Rose.

Nope, but I traveled with a circus for a couple of summers and one of the guys moniker was 'Thunderbird' care to haszard a guess how that came about ? :D :D

One of my early drinking buddies and I would scrounge up $4 or so, and get a bottle of mad dog and a 6 pack of Schlitz malt liquor for a cheap buzz. I don't recall it coming back up on me, but it could have - there's more than few things I don't remember from the '70s :greensmok

Smugler Whiskey - 15 dollars a handle aged 17 months

the name just got me laughing when i was browsing the isles and it became a cult classic amoung my buds ever since - bleh it is why i cant drink whiskey any more or at least by itself unless it is diluted with lots of coke

Pagan Pink Ripple
Blatz

Carling black label, nasty beer. It's a toss up between tasting worse going down or coming back up..

We had a friend who worked in the grill area of the local ma and pa bar establishment (read Dive) who would save the ends of the bottles for us when we were 16 or so. we give him $5 he gave us all the bottles that had a shot or two left. We being dumb would pour it all together into a coke bottle and pass it around. I can still feel the burn as it came back for it's revenge, but we would recycle the bottles and go get more damn near every night.

Back