• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire fitment question

ty20404

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 2000 XJ with a 3" Budget boost. So pretty much, I've only netted 3". I know with a full spring kit from manuf. you can fit 31s, but typically you net between 3.5 and 4.0 inches on a 3.5" kit. So basically what I'm asking is:

Can I fit 31x10.5 Dueler A/T Revos with only 3 net inches of lift...?
And I'm not going to trim, possibly the inside of the fenderwell, but not the stock flares. I don't do any extreme off roading so cramming shouldnt be too much of an issue.

I was thinking of running 15x8 steelies on 4.75" of backspacing. Will that combo work on 3" of lift?

Or should I go with 15x7?

Currently I'm running 15x8 Jeep Canyons on 5.5" BS but I want to kick the tires out more, but not too much, and I dont want to rub the fenders.

If 31s arent possible, what wheel size should I run on 30"x9.5"?

Current setup: 3" BB, Jeep Canyon 15x8 5.5" BS, 30x9.5 BFG A/T KO

DCP_0857.jpg

DCP_0860.jpg

DCP_0859.jpg

I had a plain jane 3" lift, fit some 31's in without any rubbing but that was with new LCA's and 3.75"BS.
I would think with 4.75"BS tho you could fit some 31's in there without much worry. if your looking to do it cheaply pick up some ZJ LCA's on the off chance there is some rubbing. I didn't get any wheel well or flare rubbing, but I did some trimming.
Now I have 33's with the same lift, but little more trimming.

I'm currently running a 3" BDS lift. Gave me 3.25" in the front and 3.5" in the rear. I have stock control arms as well. Running 31" MTR's on Crager 15x8 wheels with 4.75" backspacing. No rub issues at all , just adjust your bump stops accordingly.
Xmas20063-11.jpg

Xmas20063-1.jpg

help! I need some more opinions on this!

You should be fine. People will run 31s with no lift and have minimal problems(not recommended but possible), 2 with minor trimming but from how you described your situation they should be fine with 3. Search for budget boosts and you will get more opinions

Yeah, thanks for the info. Got my Cragar Dwindows two days ago. Got them mounted with Bridgestone Dueler A/t Revos today. My mom stole the camera so I gotta wait to get some shots.

Everything fits at standstill. Rubs a little in front when flexing slightly (trimming time)... tucks perfect in the rear.

Black Cragar D-Window 15"x8" 4.75" Backspacing
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 31x10.5 R15
All on a 3" BB

DCP_0074.jpg

DCP_0073.jpg

DCP_0072.jpg

DCP_0071.jpg

DCP_0070.jpg

DCP_0068.jpg

Back