• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to bring? (firewood...ect.)

ryurabbit

NAXJA Member #611
So do I bring firewood or what. Whats the rules on gas scooters? What do you guys recommend. Never been to slikrock or utah for that matter. Clothing? TIA.
Rabbit

ryurabbit said:
So do I bring firewood or what. Whats the rules on gas scooters? What do you guys recommend. Never been to slikrock or utah for that matter. Clothing? TIA.
Rabbit
Yup... you definately want to bring clothing!

weather and firewood

it will most likely be cool in the evening and early morning. We had snow last year crossing the Vail Pass.
Firewood is also great as we like to sit around at night and talk.

Now thats some strange fetishes!

I think I'll sleep in my jeep with the doors locked!
Rabbit

You will most diffent want to bring some warm clothes for the night get very chilly. right now there is a ban on fires in public lands except in approved and improved camp grounds, unless its changed and I dont know about it. Everybody luvs a good fire.

Does slickrock have nice campfire setups??? As in something that will work well with my steaks :) (I had the damn charcoal things... there is no steak like a steak made over wooden flame!)

Kejtar

Hmmmm. I never really looked closely at the RV sites. But, the tent sites just have an iron ring on the dirt, completely movable. (Damn, I'm really getting old, can't remember if there was a grate on the ring or not. Always have my own grate anyway).

Plenty of room for a good ole fire - one year I remember a four foot vertical log that we managed to consume. Looked like the Burning Man Festival :firedevil: and I had to act as a Fire Marshal to protect the neighborhood!

Just wish there was a good source nearby, but the trees run out East of Grand Junction. Then again, maybe I should do a recon next week towards the Manti-La-Sal NF and see if any locals have any bulk deals. Wouldn't hurt to have a truckload delivered, I'm sure we could get a group to chip in to keep a lot of us in firelight :flame: for the week.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Back