• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where Does This Hose Go?

There is about a $90.00 different between the one from napa vs this one so just curious why the other one won't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dorman one is fine. The vacuum SOURCE line, off the intake manifold plugs in to the larger nipple, the ACC line runs back to the HVAC and heater control valve. If you don't have cruise control, that's all you need. Big line is source, small line is accessory.

If you do have cruise control you'll want the "football" (that's American football) shaped one. One line goes from the vac reservoirto cruise servo, one line goes to HVAC and heater control valve. The football shaped one is just two round ones (essentially) put together. You'll need some T's and extra vac line if that's the case. Any unused servos and or nipples or fittings should be securely capped. e.g. If the heater valve is deleted, cap the line

The passenger side vacuum lines are really only for HVAC blend doors, heater control valve and Cruise and don't really affect the running or driveability...BUT...if you have that fairly large hose from the intake manifold just flopping around sucking air...it will affect your idle etc. When the Jeep is running, put your finger over that hose and see what happens.

The one in my Renix is a oblong shaped "double" tank to have the CC be on a separate vac circuit.

Not my picture but:

63429d1314409799-mystery-vacuum-canister-vacuum.jpg

Okay so I think that is the "football" tank Paradise was talking about. I don't think I need that bit of one since I don't think I'll ever use cruise but again if I don't get the big one I'll have the cruise line just unconnected so unsure of what I wanna do just het

i think in 88 it was just one tank. you could tee them together but im sure there was some reason for doing a split tank. or you could just use 2 generic vacuum tanks.

I don't think I'll ever use cruise as this is just a weekend warrior so i got napa to bring in the smaller vac tank. As long as the hvac controls are hooked up I'll be happy.

My 88 Laredo has the "football". I think it's to section off the CC.

Vacuum operates the HVAC vents, CC, and Axle disconnect if you have 4wd. That's a lot of vacuum to maintain.

Vacuum operates the HVAC vents, CC, and Axle disconnect if you have 4wd. That's a lot of vacuum to maintain.[/QUOTE]

Mind telling more about the axel disconnect line? It goes to the vac canister or? Where is this

If you have 4wd with Command Trac (I believe with the 231 transfer case), it has a vacuum operated actuator on the axle.

deleted post

The axel is out of a 94 and the axels in the front diff (trans axels) are from a 95 d35 since they use bigger u joints. I believe 93 axels and up they got rid of disconnect? And ya there is no 4wd light up on the side cluster thing where the little arrow says to shift or anywhere..

Last edited:
Back