• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar ball joint spins !

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
ok well i put my 6.5 lift on the other day, but when i was putting the last thing on ( the track bar ball joint end ) , i was tightening the castle nut on the ball joint , but when it started to almost get tight, the WHOLE ball joint would spin in the socket ! i tried sticking a pickle fork in there and tightening it more, and it helped a little but it just started tightening the fork between the two, so its still a little loose in the socket. any suggestions anyone ? im really annoyed by it and have no more patients or ideas, im almost ready to take it to the local off road shop and be done with it, even though i do hate having people do things for me, not to mention the money im paying them, but i thought id try asking for some opinions. thanks in advance fellas... matt

chunk of 2x4 and a floor jack, carefully press the wood up against the trackbar ball joint, just enough to hold it tight against the mount while you tighten, dont lift the jeep up, you dont want it to knock you out if the jack slips...$0.02

Back