• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 3/4 Coil spacers

skylo

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 3' lift but not enough. How hard is it to put the spacers on. Do I have to undo my upper control arms again. Or can I use a spring compressor to put the on a little easyer. Please let me know

skylo said:
I have a 3' lift but not enough. How hard is it to put the spacers on. Do I have to undo my upper control arms again. Or can I use a spring compressor to put the on a little easyer. Please let me know

Don't use a spring compressor, they suck and are very dangerous. I put on 8" skyjacker coils without using them. Just unbolt the sway bar and you should have enough room to get the spacer in there. All you need to do is jack up 1 side of the axle at a time by jacking under the lower control arm mount or so with a jack and then getting that spacer on top of the coil. It's very easy to do and will not take much effort. I stood on the end of my axle, like on the rotor and this helped bring the end down a few more inches to get my 8" coils in there with the jack, but you have to compressor the other side coil very little inorder to get the side you are working on enough room to get the spacer in there. Coil compressors are very dangerous and should be avoided if at all possible.
Troy

Yes, coil compressors can be dangerous. So is everything in life thats why we take precautions such as seat belts and coil compressors that wrap completely around the coil instead of just hooking on. With quality coil compressors I would do it whatever way you feel more comfortable doing.

I'm putting similar spacers in my stock suspension. Will that work for my suspension too? Will it work if I park with one side up on something and then jack the body up on the other side?

I just finished lifting my front end 2" with spacers and its wasnt hard at all just disconnect the sway bars and LCA too if needed jack up one end of the axle and slide the spacer right in on top. You dont have to park on anything unless you dont have a jack the I could see why. But overall its not a hard job couple hours max. Good Luck

TORX

spring compressors will cost u 25.00 and make the job a ton easier.

I looked into them at an Autozone yesterday, and they had them for "rent" and it was $50. It gets returned if you bring them back, but I didn't have the cash to throw down. They were the type that go inside the coil.

Stiff lift springs are easy to get out without spring compressors because often times thay are barely longer than stock coils. Softer lift springs, especially 8", can often times require compressors. Just be smart and they are no more dangerous than any other tool.

Right now my coils are still stock, so should they be easy to not necesarily remove, but just get out of the way enough to get the spacers?

Regardless of the cost (rent or buy), use the spring compressor! Compress the spring enough (wont take much) to get the spacer in, then relax the spring. Always play it safe, or you might not be around to enjoy your jeep with the rest of us! MTC.

Back