• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best exhaust header

RedChuck

NAXJA Forum User
so any opinions on the best options for headers? I'm getting ready to fab a larger exhaust for the beast and might as well up the exhale of the 4 O

Went from none cracked (welded) stock to a knock off apn. No real power increase or mileage, but sounded a bit different. Maybe throttle response was better.
Then to a pacesetter with a custom 2.5" downpipe. Feels healthier in the midrange for sure. Easily noticeable. But driveshaft keeps taping it.
So I now have a ceramic titanium coated jba that has a 2.4" inside diameter collector. Similar to stock design so I don't expect much. But that with a 2.tl5" downpipe should make a ok difference.

Pacesetter would be great if the flange was thicker. It's got the longest primaries availiable and makes a difference you can actually feel.

I've been running the Doug Thorley Headers HDX‑634Y since ~2011. T304 stainless and ceramic coated inside and outside, essentially rust proof. I had a weld fail a few months ago, I sent some pics, they said the wrong welding wire was used and warranty swapped a new one. Expensive yes but its probably the best or very near to it.

Back