• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R12 service valves

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I was looking for new R12 service valves to go on a new replacement compressor. Couldn't find anything anywhere. Got to talking to a 4 Seasons tech and we went through the catalog, lo there they are

Four Seasons parts 12721 and 12722

Available on Amazon pretty cheap as of right now

I love R12 but it is insanely expensive and difficult to find and requires certification to purchase. I see no reason not to change over to R134a especially if you have opened the system. It is not as efficient in a system designed for R12 but it works well enough. I am a licensed Freon recycler and it is easier for me to convert than get R12.

The reason you need the service valves is because (1) the valves have the R12 fittings, and (2) the hose ends are formed to connect with them instead of the compressor directly. They are pretty much essential parts to the pre-93 AC setup.

Its easy to convert them to R134 if you wish (I did) but you still need the service valve.

Back