• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Next Planned Event 4 Our Chapter?

Just wondering, Is there a Scheduled Event/Get Together/Run in the Planning 4 Our Chapter?
Would Like to Participate if Possible.

Will be going back Home to Arkansas Mountains 4 Christmas & we Have LOTS of Great Trails & Hill Climbing.
Anyone Interested in Visiting?

Home is Half way Between Mena & Waldron, AR.
About a 4 1/2 hr Drive from DFW.
Kind of a Long Haul for a Weekend Trip.
But the Trails Are Worth the Drive!

My Brother has 41 acres 7 1/2 Miles Off the Paved Road.
No TV (Just Videos) But the Scenery Is Great.
Kinda like the Family Getaway!

Mom & Dad Live Close by Too.
12 acres on a Private Lake!

This Area of the State Is Very Biker & 4 Wheeler Friendly.
Anyone Interested? (Maybe a Good Place for a Chapter Ride?)

I Know Lots of Good Places to Climb Steep Hills w/ Rocks!
And , Good places to Fish & Hunt (If you Buy a 3 Day Permit)

Just Trying to Meet some of my fellow Red River Chapter Members.
UncleSarge58

Was up not far from Mena but in SE Oklahoma around Thanksgiving. A little closer at 3hrs but well worth the drive. Idk if I could make it, but would love to. I am still gathering parts for my lift. Sarge is spot on with the description of the area, beautiful.

i'd be all about that. Got family coming to NE TX for christmas so that weekend is out. OTT, would love to see some of the area and hit the trails. Also enjoy hunting, never hunted the Ozarks. got superlift park (or whatever its called now) on the short list of parks to hit, but would love a guided tour of the backcountry.

Just so Everybody Knows.
The Mountains I Live in are The Ouachita Mountains, in W.W. Central Arkansas.
The Mountains that go All the way Into Oklahoma & Yes Oklahoma Has Mountains.

Not the Ozark Mountains, which are in the North & North Western part of Arkansas.
They run from Ark. into Missouri.

Our Area of AR Is Much More Remote & Way Less Developed.

The Main Road going to my Place Has Been The Main Road to that Area Since the 1800's & It's Still Not Paved! Not even Graveled on Our Road!

Prior to Satellite TV, Most people out There Didn't Have TV, unless they put up a 40-50ft HAM Radio Tower & Mounted a TV Antenna on it.

H3LL, Even Now Cell Phones Don't Work, Unless you get a Signal Booster & Mount the Antenna at least 30-40ft High! (Trust Me, That's what we Had to do)

So, Take Your Pick: The Ozarks w/ Paved Roads & High Tourist Activity.
Or the Ouachitas w/ it's Dirt & Rocky Roads & Lots of Remote Areas.

They Generally Charge for Camping in the Ozarks. Camping Is Free & Where You Set Camp, In the Ouachita National Forrest.

Where I'm from, We're Surrounded by the National Forrest!
And, Wildlife Is Thriving Here!

I've Seen 3 Huge Flocks of Turkeys, w/ 3 Toms Strutting for Up to 30 Hens & At Least 10-20 Jakes Milling Around! All in One Pasture, 1/4 mile from the House!

Also had a Very Large Black Bear Cross the Road, Less than 1/8 mile in front of me.
He was as Tall as the Hood & As Wide + Some! (And I Have a 3" Lift)
Very Big Bear! (2nd Biggest I've Ever Seen/ Biggest was in PA)
Neighbors Down the Road sighted Him Twice & We Guestimated His Wt. @ around 450-500lbs! (We had a Great Blackberry Crop That Yr)

Anyway, I'm starting to sound like an Ambassador for AR.
Just Visit The Remote, Wild & Natural Ouachita Mountains.
(Located in Eastern Oklahoman & Western Arkansas)

Lots of Forestry Service & Mountain Roads & Logging Trails to Explore.

G'Night All & Happy Wheelin'
US58

My next planed event is gall bladder surgery to have it removed Friday. They got the GB stone out of my bile duct Monday, doing a lot better already. :sunshine:

Guess it is time to start thinking RoM. I know I have been out of pocket for a while, but still here.

All personal and can ignore
Long short of it got to a frustrating point with my jeep as far a direction + rust, but have a plan for a new rig, add to that school (which is done) prepping a house to sell, looking of a house to buy, and a new little girl who at 4 weeks old decided she needed more attention than her brothers and got pneumonia putting us currently in the picu at Texas children's, but she is improving.

So back to RoM. We usually do an official run in late March to either Barnwell or Hidden Falls, ( maybe the new TMtc park if it has opened).
The last weekend in march looks good, at least it's not my wife's birthday.
I know my rig would take a little work to be trail worthy, brakes being my biggest concern. But I could also go for a few nights in a tent at the least.

Roger you are down to just the white jeep, right.
Sorry this is rambling, but not a lot of sleep the last 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My next planed event is gall bladder surgery to have it removed Friday. They got the GB stone out of my bile duct Monday, doing a lot better already. :sunshine:

me too, speedy recovery underway I hope.

where's the new TMTC trail?

Mike,
Hope Everything Went Well 4 You & Merry Christmas & Have a Happy New Year.
UncleSarge58

I'm still alive and kicking, LOL, so it looks like I might make it to see 2017 :)

Thanks!!! Happy New year to Naxja and all her fans and friends here!!!!

me too, speedy recovery underway I hope.

where's the new TMTC trail?

Thanks, I am already felling much better than most any time this whole year. So the surgery seems to be working.

Yep, just the white one. I will wait and see what develops but I'm in wherever is decided.

BTW, I am back on my feet and ready for your trip here to swap parts etc when ever you are. I was able to open a jelly jar bare handed with no prep work for the first time in 3 years this week since I came down with extreme rheumatoid arthritis .. et al!!!!

A very good sign :woohoo:

Guess it is time to start thinking RoM. I know I have been out of pocket for a while, but still here.

All personal and can ignore
Long short of it got to a frustrating point with my jeep as far a direction + rust, but have a plan for a new rig, add to that school (which is done) prepping a house to sell, looking of a house to buy, and a new little girl who at 4 weeks old decided she needed more attention than her brothers and got pneumonia putting us currently in the picu at Texas children's, but she is improving.

So back to RoM. We usually do an official run in late March to either Barnwell or Hidden Falls, ( maybe the new TMtc park if it has opened).
The last weekend in march looks good, at least it's not my wife's birthday.
I know my rig would take a little work to be trail worthy, brakes being my biggest concern. But I could also go for a few nights in a tent at the least.

Roger you are down to just the white jeep, right.
Sorry this is rambling, but not a lot of sleep the last 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it could be worse, you could have been me. 4 surgeries in one year (had to wait for the last two due a **** up in my health insurance, could have killed me waiting), started out the year blind as a bat with no healt insurance and living home alone. Daughter totaled her brand new $67/month Chevy Cruise lease car in Detroit this year. Son Totaled (on the freeway, rear ended, and rolled) my best jeep I just put $1000 into weeks early. Then he bought a new Dodge 6 weeks ago and totaled it at 7 PM on Christmas eve. And nearly had to empty my 2500 sg ft shop I have 20 years worth of tools, research lab and stuff in while I was ill with gut attacks from the gallbladder. That is just for starters, LOL.

Any way, we all hope you new little one heals up fast!!! Texas Childrens is a great place. My first step daughter had brain surgery there 35 years ago. It went well.

Body Rust, if not bad on critical frame areas, can be replaced/patched with Fiberglass :)

:woohoo:

So back to the subject at hand

ROM next year!!!

How About a Trip to the Mountains in AR?
I can Possibly Arrange Lodging.
Then again I've Never Been to Any Good Places Here in Texas!
UncleSarge58

PS: Ecomike, Glad you are doing Well. I too Have the Dreaded RA.
So Bad that I Need to Schedule Surgery, on my left Thumb, this Next Year & Real Soon!
US58

Last edited:
Hey Pres, check out Byrd's Adventure Park. I have been there twice. Nice facility and then I can Paddle too ;)

Back