• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is your ideal/dream/perfect jeep?

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
been thinking about this for a could days now, my girlfriend asked me what my dream jeep was and i didn't really have a complete answer. so finally after about two days of day dreaming at work i came up with the ideal dream set up.

the shell would be a MJ, with late model XJ interior and wiring do dads. HO 4.0, aw4, sye'd 231, HP30, 44 combo with 4.56 gearing. RE long arms 3" OME coils, 4" bilstein 5150 series shocks with shock bumps. limiting straps, SS brakelines, customs leafs in the rear, OME and stock bastard pack. chopped lower quarters. big penis tube stinger bumper up front swing out tire carrier in the rear. exo cage that allows for a camper shell to be installed and removed. upgraded lighting (rampage most likely) beadlocked steelies with some offset to be a little wide. and some 33" meats to top it off.

basically, its a low, wide, exo'd, DD/expo/wheeler. all rolled up into a capable platform. so what is your dream/ideal/perfect jeep?

Right now, it would be mine. Completed. And wheelable.

lower fo-dee
jeep_lower40-2.jpg

Wait....what am I saying? XJ till I die son!
attachment.php

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13973226&postcount=152
:grin:

that XJ is pretty gnarl

x2!!!

I havent figured out the exact components I want to use, but something with only a 3in lift, lots of trimming, 35s,full width axles, gears, lockers, belly skid, bumpers, winch, and a diesel mated to a 5 speed.

On the other hand, if I could deviate just a litte, a Jeep Speed MJ would be pretty cool to daily drive, just for the hell of it, even if I get hit with the 'poser' status.

-Eric

I like vintage steel so Im gonna say:

CJ2a stretched to ~100" wheelbase on tons with a linked suspension. Full hydro steering. Lets throw in a V8 with an auto trans and low gear t-case. Make sure its sitting low and armor it heavily. Full cage and harnesses of course. And yea yall get the idea.

One of these days Im going to take one of the willys in my backyard and start this project. Come on lottery tickets!

A new XJ with a modern quiet interior on ARB locked dana 44s, Geared correctly for 33s and with a small hi-torque very fuel efficient Turbo Diesel under the Hood!

Mine with a RAG top and a full exoskeleton and removable doors. A new long arm kit and a Dana 44 front axle. The 8.8 can stay in the back and add a winch and the Tire carrier once I finish stretching it.

I like vintage steel so Im gonna say:

CJ2a stretched to ~100" wheelbase on tons with a linked suspension. Full hydro steering. Lets throw in a V8 with an auto trans and low gear t-case. Make sure its sitting low and armor it heavily. Full cage and harnesses of course. And yea yall get the idea.

One of these days Im going to take one of the willys in my backyard and start this project. Come on lottery tickets!

how about a stretched cj2a ratrod

001.JPG

Back