• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Irritated. Wife's old jeep trashed and for sale

XJ Eric

NAXJA Forum User
So, the wife and I got a craving for some ice cream and so we went out and got some. Not really feeling like going home, we cruised around while the kids were falling asleep. So, low and behold, I spot a pretty nice, white Cherokee. Hey, I think I know that XJ!

Turns out, it's my wife's old XJ! So why am I irritated? 4 months ago I spotted it downtown when I happened to drive by his house and 2 of the tires are flat. Okay, maybe he's deployed and his roommates aren't helping him out.
Well, last month I spotted it on base and rolled by it. The darn thing looked good from a distance, got close and found the rear quarter panel mashed up, the front fender was messed up cause somebody pried the hood up. the leather seats are ripped up. To top it off the darn registration has been expired for 6 months.

The only sign that the thing is being taken care of is a new set of tires. The only redeeming feature.

I didn't want to sell it in the first place and now I'm finding it in this condition.:bawl:

I had always secretly conspired to buy it back, so mine could be a trail rig, but now on the eve of my deployment no chance of me being able to pick it back up.

So, rant off; I think I'm going to run call the dealer up and see what he's asking for a beat up 98 XJ with over 100K miles on the clock.

Back