• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hit and run Jeep Gremlins LOL

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
Time for a thread to report hit and run jeep Gremlins on?

My latest was a mild back fire like sounding sound in the exhaust while accelerating while I had a lifter tick on my 290,000 1987 Wagoneer. It cam and went, vanished in 45 seconds never to return about 3 weeks LOL. I now have a self repairing Renix Jeep, LOL.

Tell us your best version of one of these episodes!!!!

Tail lights were mine. One would work for a trip then quit then sometimes theyd both work then one day they both quit workin. Started chasing wires and found a hole in my rear drivers side fender that was throwing water on the big plug behind the spare tire. melted the plug. it was a big pile of melted plastic. straight wired everything together, no issues since

My 87 MJ would not start on cold mornings when the temperature dropped somewhere around 40* or less. It cranked just fine; had fuel pressure and spark but it just wouldn't start. It sounded like it wanted to but no go. Once the day warmed up it would start.

It turned out to be a broken wire just in front of the MAP sensor plug. Cold mornings caused the wire to shrink away from the plug just enough to break the connection.
I've replaced the plug with a new pigtail and all has been well.

Back