• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway bar links

asymptonic

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm replacing the sway bar cushions which are pretty worn out. Can this be done without removing the links? If I do remove them, should I replace them while I'm at it? Just ordered the cushions but can probably modify that order if I need to.

I visually inspected them and they don't look bad, but I'm a newb but really getting into maintaining the old girl.

You will need to remove the links to service them.

1)If the link is bent, replace it. There will be a normal s-bend between the eye bushing and the lower cushon washer. Pay attention to what direction it is installed before taking it apart. Any change in direction above the lower cushon washer is bad. If straight see step 2.

2)You will need to inspect the link with the cushons removed for wear from contact with the bar and/or corrosion. It should be cylindrical not hourglass. Any wear or narrowing of the link requires replacement.

Last edited:
Back