• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 2 DOOR XJ PARTS QUESTION/INTRO

LJRockstar

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, Im Erik.

Ive had an account here for years, started back when I had an MJ. Ive been out of the Jeep game for some time now, but I just jumped back in with a 96 2 door.. I've already gleaned a bunch of good info from searching around for stuff but haven't seen anything related to this....

I've had it now for about a week, been chipping away at some tune up stuff and cleaning up previous owner hacky stuff.

So heres my question... It's got manual windows. I want to convert it to Power. Do the two door, doors use the same regulators as the four doors? I haven't been able to find any parts listings specific to power windows for a two door.

Thanks!

i heard once that they do not use the same motors. the glass is a bit bigger on the 2 door than on the 4 door. but seeing you have to do some wiring anyhow i would grab a set off on a 97+ with the single full glass panel. im not 100% sure the motor will bolt in but maybe.

Funny you mention that, the thought had crossed my mind to get glass from a newer 2 door and get rid of the triangle windows. I think I'd rather have the functional vent windows though. The fixed ones that are on it are useless...

Back