• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tap size for WJ TRE's?

M24-1.5 is right. Nobody has carries a weld in bung, unless you custom order it maybe? the RH tap can be found with some searching, the LH one gets tricky to find. i researched both options heavily, but ended up just gettin the JKS tubes already tapped when i did my wj swap.

You could try a search,it was a post about 9 months ago that had a vendor with weld inserts for the WJ tre's.

Summit Machine may have the M24-15 weld-in inserts, call Mike.

I know they have the tap because they use it for their alum WJ tierod....which could be an option as well, not sure of the length compared to the XJ application.

http://www.summitmachine.com/index.php?p=customParts

Digging up an old one here. Did anyone ever find a source for these. I just talked to Summit and it's not a make to stock item. But they would be happy to make me a RH and LH set for a mere $250. :laugh:

I believe markw has some from his swap. I would contact him and check source and/or maybe rent or borrow from him.
Ironman4x4 fab makes a WJ steering kit so they may be able to point you the right direction as well.

If I could get the taps I could make the inserts. The LH tap seems to be unobtainium.

M24-1.5 is right. Nobody has carries a weld in bung, unless you custom order it maybe? the RH tap can be found with some searching, the LH one gets tricky to find. i researched both options heavily, but ended up just gettin the JKS tubes already tapped when i did my wj swap.

I did the same thing, IMO Tap prices & availability make it not worth the trouble.
If you shop around the JKS parts can be found for good prices. Clayton off road also sells nice reasonably priced parts for the conversion, I used their High steer swaybar mounts.

I'm not after the taps, looking for tube inserts. As far as I can tell, anyone who makes parts for these just threads the rod directly.
With that said, and what others have stated..
Contact lronman4x4fab. I am sure for a fee of sorts they will accomodate you.
I know one off's aren't typically cheap. If they are willing to help, ask if there is a bulk group buy that could work.
For the right price I would consider buying a pair or 2.

Back