• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trackbar...redrill stock mount, drop bracket, or new adjustable bar?

citRon

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, BB w/ 2" coil spacers, front axle is sitting over towards the driver's side a bit. Should/can I redrill the stock mounting hole on the axle side with this little amount of lift -(would the new hole be enough away from the stock hole?) -how about a drop bracket- Skyjacker has one for $25, but it doesn't list how much drop or how far it moves the axle, or a cheaper adjustable bar? -mild, if any, wheeling. Lifted to clear my 30's. Thanks

I'd say a new adjustable TB with an HD mount. But for the amount of lift you have you should be fine with just a adjustable tracbar in the factory mount... like the skyjacker trackbar.

dont do the drop bracket...you'll end up with bump-steer...puts your trackbar at a different angle than your draglink

your best bet with a stock BB daily driver is to drill a new hole 3/4 of an inch center on center with the old hole directly to the right. It is easy, cheap, and it retains stock alignment angles.

also just make sure to not drill the hole any larger than the bolt requires. (ie dont use the existing hole to make your drill bit selection because it is more than likely wallowed out over the years)

jkilcullen said:
your best bet with a stock BB daily driver is to drill a new hole 3/4 of an inch center on center with the old hole directly to the right. It is easy, cheap, and it retains stock alignment angles.

Perfect! That's what I was hoping to hear! 3/4" from center of old hole, mark for center of new hole, right?

i used a drop braket with four inches lift for about a year and didnt have any problems, but now i have an hd mount and adjustable trackbar,

ok, 5 months later and I got around to doing this. Jacked it up, removed the Track Bar from the axle. With the wheels off, axle hanging, the Track Bar holelined itself up exactly 3/4" inch to the drivers side. Drilled a small pilot hole, then a 3/8" hole, bolted it back up. Easiest fix on this thing yet!

is your alignment now correct, also when the front axle is off center, will it pull the vehicle to one side?
im thinking about doing this and im at about 3 inches of lift.

Back