• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello, and question about wheel spacers / studs

ay ay ron

NAXJA Forum User
Hello! New guy, ay ay ron here. I have a 91 that im absolutely loving. So long story short, I bought a dana 44 from jeepinseal (thanks again dude) :wave1: , and I quickly realized I needed longer studs to fit my aluminum rims and 1.5 inch wheel adapters.

So i put in the new studs ( late model cherokee/grand cherokee studs), and realized that my wheel adapter is not sitting completely flush against the hub like it used to. The knurl length seems to be just a tad too long, and it pokes out maybe an eighth of an inch.

My question is: exactly how safe is this. I surely cant be the only one who put these studs in with wheel adapters haha.

Heres a pic: http://i.imgur.com/iWRHoc7.jpg

Thanks guys/gals

I think i may just bore out the spacer holes a little...Maybe I answered my own question here, haha!

Replacing the studs would be my preferred option. Any modification of the spacers is a no-no in my book. Why? any modification may lead to premature failure.

MY thoughts are that the rotors are drums would be thick enough to cover the extra knurled part of the studs prior to installing the spacers.

Back