• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 detroit locker

Seriously, if any device actually caused a vehicle to jump lanes with a gear change, how many suppliers and installers do you think there would be that would being willing to assume the liability associated with such a product? Where would these products even be legal?

Seriously, if any device actually caused a vehicle to jump lanes with a gear change, how many suppliers and installers do you think there would be that would being willing to assume the liability associated with such a product? Where would these products even be legal?

Did you read the post where he said it was a rumor. At the very most, it is a blatant exaggeration. Read my post above.

:cheers:

as youve stated that is very understandable, but for someone like me new to a locker and reading multiple descriptions of lane wondering it rings a thought of concern when ive never driven a vehicle locked.

I do however appreciate all the reassurances otherwise, thank you.

I have that setup in my 99. There is an occasional Flirt of the rig when applying power suddenly at freeway speeds or sometimes when coming off power. Unpredictable, but I wouldn't call it wandering, just a flirt. My reaction to the unexpected event is more like Malcom Reynolds when a part comes off Serenity: "What, what was that?"

So i have prices for ARB and detroit for the rear locker. The ARB will be a little over 2000$ parts and labor. The detroit just under because no pump or routing of air lines.

Now Im seeing a kicker because new axles with lockers in them are what 2500$ NEW.

Is the investment on locking the 8.25 worth the coin? I hate to build something inferior for regular use when i could upgrade to a bolt in axle that already has the locker installed. Granted if i got an ARB equipped axle the plumbing needs to be routed but D44 (Aftermarket) vs 8.25 29 spline.....?

What have you all done? any regrets?

Wait what size tire you running? This is for snow driving and such right? If you aren't planning anything serious for wheeling I'd just rebuild the trac lok or even tighten it up(there is info on it)
But if you want locker. Just get the arb. And for price. I guess it comes down to how hard you wheel and tires you plan to stick with. If you're staying small. Save the $500 and lock the 8.25. Already have the axle. But if you plan to play harder or go bigger than $500 is a small investment to keeping the axle alive by getting a 44

right now i stay between 31 and 32s. Im looking to lock for trails not snow. I would like to step up to a 33x10.50x15 but i dont ever look to run larger than a 35.

Stick with the 8.25, get a arb and keep the extra cash for other items then. I've got a 8.25 29spline and plan to just use it with 35" tires. I'm not worried at all

Back