• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Neutral Safety Switch

XJROMEO

NAXJA Forum User
So for months now I've been fighting with my NSS throwing Po705 code and it would come and go every now and then but lately it's been sticking on and finally it got to where I had to hold the shifter forward in park to fire it up. So I wanted to pull it and clean it. Good idea right? So per every write up out there I've read I unplugged the NSS cut the two zip ties holding it in and pulled the 12mm adjustment bolt out. Then took a 1&7/8" socket and plucked the lower mounting nut. Pulled the tabs back on the lock washer of some sort. Then pulled the rubber washer under that. Threaded the nut back on a few turns put my flat blade under it and pryed against the transmission pan and got a bit of movement. Got excited seeing that it was gonna come off took the nut off so I could wiggle it the rest of the way and the threaded shaft that runs through NSS broke off... well I'm S.O.L. so call around town to get a new NSS right? First few places varied from 400 to 460!! After a couple heart attacks I bit the bullet and went to auto zone for 276 and some change the guy dropped it to 250 for me. So couldn't complain much more. And we'll it went on easier than hell. And that's my rant. NSS suck butt and I wouldn't recommend prying on the nut to pull it off 1. because it's aluminum and 2. the threads are split into 4 sections and easy to break. I'd say soak it in pb blaster then get a couple flat heads and lightly rock it back and forth till she slid off.

gygegega.jpg

atu3yveh.jpg

ybape8ys.jpg

mahyzuqa.jpg

Re: Re: Neutral Safety Switch

That was my biggest fear when I pulled mine off too.

Bummer.

Yea i was already being cautious and I felt like I didn't even pry on it that hard but apparently it was hard enough. Oh well one less thing to worry about I suppose haha

Code po 705 code

I have a 99 Jeep Cherokee xj sport edition. Throwing code for a po705. Which is this TCM or PCM I can put it in drive and push on the accelerator and the RPMs will go up. But the car won't move as soon as the RPMs go down my car moves forward. A little bit. But as soon as I take my foot off the accelerator I have to repeat the process. But when I put it in reverse I can drive perfectly fine. I put it in first gear and I have the same problem as I do and drive. Mine's a four wheel drive vehicle 4.0 l engine 4x4. Any suggestions on how I can diagnose if it's a TCM. Before putting a whole bunch of money into it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Back