• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd MJ speedo

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
I think this is the best place to post this question.

My supervisor at work just bought a 2wd 87 MJ with a 4.0 and 5sp. Its a nice little truck. Anyways the clutch was replaced this past march and the guy he bought it front said the speedo works intermittantly.

I'm thinking with they reinstalled the speedo cable to the speedo gear they didnt get it lined up correctly. My question is the speedo gear on the 2wd 5sp like the setup on the 4wd versions in the tcase. Is it in the back of the tranny and can it be adjusted a little bit so that gear can be set to make contact and make the speedo work correctly.

mac 'this will earn me browie points and a case of beer' gyvr

Yes it works just like the 4x ones in the t-case. It is at the back of the tranny.

mark
orgs mfg

10-4 on that. See if they stripped the threads on the adapter going into the tranny or cross-threaded the nut on the end of the cable.
HTH,
Jeff

thanks guys, hey mark glad you could post with your answer before beezil ruins the thread.

I think I'm going to check it out on monday morning and see what the shop screwed up when they put it back together.

mac 'high on speed' gyvr

macgyvr said:
thanks guys, hey mark glad you could post with your answer before beezil ruins the thread.

mac 'high on speed' gyvr

He might just want to give crap about it being 2x or something like that!

mark
orgs mfg

man this 2x4 mj is nice. its older but its in nice condition. he only paid 700 bucks for it, i'm almost tempted to try to buy it from him and throw all my stuff from my jeep onto it......nice thought but i think i'm stuck with my junk...

anyways thanks for the help

mac 'drink more beer' gyvr

damn!

is it too late?

here, this oughta do it:

Telly1.jpg

Back