• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pickup truck tail light sources?

casm

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know of a source for OEM-style tail lights for either Ford, GM, or Chrysler mid- and full-size pickups (current models) that eliminate the combination red brake and turn signal lights and separate them out into the red brake / amber turn similar to what's found on XJs?

Not looking for Altezzas or anything equally naff (though that might be a way around the problem if it's all I can get) - I just need to know if someone makes them, or if they're a factory option. None of the Big Three's customer disservice lines are being of any use in this regard.

GSequoia said:
Check for european spec and austrialian spec lamps. Amber turns are mandatory in those markets.

Understood, and this isn't totally unrelated to the problem at hand. The issue I'm having here is that all the customer service departments are taking the approach of, 'those are export-only parts, we can't order or deliver them in the US' - but the vehicles aren't sold in Europe anyway. This is compounded by the fact that the vehicles have already arrived at their destination, but can't be registered until the lights are changed over.

Always fun when you've got someone 6000 miles away yelling at you because they didn't do their research first...

Back