• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where's your battery?

On my '93, it goes (in a battery tray) diagonally from the AC compressor to front passanger corner of the engine compartment. It squeezes between the power distribution block (and the radiator overflow) and the hood latch (and the radiator).

If you have AC and no tray - get the tray.

bburge

bburge said:
On my '93, it goes (in a battery tray) diagonally from the AC compressor to front passanger corner of the engine compartment. It squeezes between the power distribution block (and the radiator overflow) and the hood latch (and the radiator).

If you have AC and no tray - get the tray.

bburge

DITO

fba4c5e1.jpg

When you go to the dealer to buy the battery tray ask them to do some checking for you. I looked in the battery book for XJs and up through 97 one size battery was used but the 98 and on use a different size battery.

The 98 and on have the Optima called out in the catalog. The 97 and before does not have an optima called out since the stock battery is not "the right size."

Ask the parts guys what is the difference in the battery trays. Find out what the difference is if any. Say the only difference is the top cross bar then buy what you need so hold down the optima correctly.

Let us know what the parts guys tell you.

Back