• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WARN winch & air compressor combo?!

Yeah. There was a post around here somewhere recently which someone commented on the cost of the winch / air combo not really being worth it, though it does seem convenient AND cool.

they are relatively new i think they have only been around a fem months. might be decent if you ad a tank to the system but at like 5cfm your not looking at really fast air..... add a 3gal tank and it would probably be ok till it came time to air up some 33+ tires

I think the overall idea has some sound potential :D.

My primarily concern on XJ's is how much will the added height further disrupt air flow through the radiator?

As XJ's have marginal cooling to begin with :smsoap: , this could complicate cooling.

I took a brief look at the specifications on these about a month ago and (in my case) concluded it wasn't feasible due to air flow disruption.

Kent :)

Sorry - forgot to mentiont the PowerPlant HP is 3.45 inches taller then the 9.5 series (Ti and Si).

Kent

Goddamn that thing is huge! I didnt have anything to compare it against when I first saw it, but now..... DAMN!

For the price ($1,400-1,500) You could buy a nice winch, and an OBA Compressor and still have a good amount of money left over.

FiFo said:
For the price ($1,400-1,500) You could buy a nice winch, and an OBA Compressor and still have a good amount of money left over.
Not, really. It says it puts out about 12cfm. The only other compressor with that kind of performance is the Oasis and you know how much that thing costs.--------Hans

Back