• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor mount not right?

CDX74

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a new motor mount to replace the driver side mount on my '99 (the rubber is falling apart).

I got it form rockauto.com, and it looks exactly like the one in the picture on their site: http://info.rockauto.com/Anchor/Detail.html?2919.jpg

However is doesn't look like the one in my jeep. Mine has flanges on either side with big bolts through them.

So those people who have swaped their motor mounts, can you tell me if i do indeed have the correct part? :)

If the bolt holes line up, you should be fine.

return it and buy MORE mounts

Mine eats stock motor mounts- 2-3 sets a year,

CDX74 said:
I bought a new motor mount to replace the driver side mount on my '99 (the rubber is falling apart).

I got it form rockauto.com, and it looks exactly like the one in the picture on their site: http://info.rockauto.com/Anchor/Detail.html?2919.jpg

However is doesn't look like the one in my jeep. Mine has flanges on either side with big bolts through them.

all XJs have the same setup,the "flanges" you refer to ar the engine bracket that extends out to the rubber engine mount , the rubber mount sets between the "flanges" and the bolt of course connects them.

okay, i took some pictures of my mounts so you can see.

picture1
and
picture2

so, as you can see in the picture i linked to before, there are two bolts on the bottom of the mount, but there are no holes for the bolts where my current mounts are...

and on the second picture, you can see where my mount has a flange. That is part of the mount right? I haven't tried taking it off yet. :)

on your stock mounts there is a stud and a bolt w/ a nut. It looks like these should work....just with nuts on the studs instead of stock setup.

If you don't mind the vibes, you should go with poly. They last longer and keep your motor in place better. You should also check your tranny mount and make sure the worn motor mounts haven't torn that mount also.

picture1

but there are no holes for the two studs on the mount i got from rock auto to go through, well just one hole.

does that metal bracket go over the mount i bought or sometihng? i don't want to take it all apart if it's not even the right part

CDX74 said:
picture1

but there are no holes for the two studs on the mount i got from rock auto to go through, well just one hole.

does that metal bracket go over the mount i bought or sometihng? i don't want to take it all apart if it's not even the right part

I see two holes, your new mount has 2 studs instead of just 1 stud and a bolt like the stock one.

Those look like they'll work.

CDX74 said:
picture1

No, your new mount looks like it might have more rubber and be longer to compensate for that bracket.

Back