• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-Rock axles

lost1

NAXJA Forum User
I searched, didn't find anything relevant, so here it is; does anyone out there own, or know someone that owns these axles? They're waay pricey, but the concept's great. But just because the concept's great doesn't mean it works as well in real life applications; if these are good axles I may take more interest but if they're just some ridiculously priced snake oil then I want to find out. Any info out there? This is supposedly fairly new, so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't much out there. But since its so new, it's worth keeping an eye on too.

http://t-rockaxles.com

I know we have talked about them. I personally wouldnt run one unless it was free and I had someone to replace the broken parts.

Just the idea of that many ujoints make me cringe. Talk about a clusterfawk when it does break.

Scrappy said:
I know we have talked about them. I personally wouldnt run one unless it was free and I had someone to replace the broken parts.

Just the idea of that many ujoints make me cringe. Talk about a clusterfawk when it does break.

exactly what i was thinking. way too many u-joints to be worrying about.

5 grand!!??

Goddamn, you could build a complete rig for that price.

Sorry about this post having no relevance what-so-ever to the question....
carry on.

Scrappy said:

that and the fact i dont see any advantage over 50 year old portal designs and it doesnt offer the gear reduction at the hub and good cheap parts that mogs, and volvo portals can provide us. Plus i dont like his home page and how great he is whup dee doo he started a company i have family on both sides of my family that have had companys that are much much much larger than his and have been in business since the 1960s (one is about 35-40 million per year the other in the hundreds of millions per year). My dad has a crap load of automotive patents for ford and chrysler and saved ford more money that this dudes company will ever generate but they arent bragging about it on some web page. Heck the only reason i am bringing it up is to show how lame this dudes bragging is.

This guy thinks he reinvented the wheel or is some hot shot billionaire or something. I wouldnt buy a product based on what the designer has done in the past. That shouldnt be the main selling point on the product. You can tell he sure had allot of say in that home page lol never seen a home page that talked so much NOT ABOUT THE PRODUCT but about the designer and his past. How weird.:compwork:

motorcityxj said:
...i dont like his home page and how great he is whup dee doo he started a company i have family on both sides of my family that have had companys that are much much much larger than his and have been in business since the 1960s (one is about 35-40 million per year the other in the hundreds of millions per year). My dad has a crap load of automotive patents for ford and chrysler and saved ford more money that this dudes company will ever generate but they arent bragging about it on some web page. Heck the only reason i am bringing it up is to show how lame this dudes bragging is.

This guy thinks he reinvented the wheel or is some hot shot billionaire or something. I wouldnt buy a product based on what the designer has done in the past. That shouldnt be the main selling point on the product. You can tell he sure had allot of say in that home page lol never seen a home page that talked so much NOT ABOUT THE PRODUCT but about the designer and his past. How weird.:compwork:
Not that I totally disagree with you, but if you click some of the other pages it does give alot more info than just about him. I think that he would come out looking better if that was not the main page, but instead, it should be a biography page on his site.

As for the product, cool thought, but way too much money for the average Joe. Also a pain in the neck to fix.

my opinion its way too complicated to be practical even for someone with an endless supply of cash to throw at it. For that amount of cash i would use a dynatrac prorock 60 and be able to run whatever tires and drivetrain in whatever vehicle i wanted without worrying about axle strength. and the clearance can be easily overcome by driver skill and picking the right line. also i've seen this design before but its being marketed by overkill engineering, i wonder if this guy is an offshoot or if he farmed the design out to overkill?

i noticed the same thing tha these axles look exactly like the overkill engineering ones and they both have almost the same phone number too sounds a little fishy. esp since overkill has been promising their release for a while now.

i would agree that i would run a different axle than that one for the money.

matt6669 said:
i noticed the same thing tha these axles look exactly like the overkill engineering ones and they both have almost the same phone number too sounds a little fishy. esp since overkill has been promising their release for a while now.

i would agree that i would run a different axle than that one for the money.
It says on his homepage that he was former CEO of Overkill Engrng.

Back