• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for info on rock krawler lifts

nickjc13

NAXJA Forum User
it says that if i buy the 6.5 inch long arm lift kit for my 94 cherokee i might have to trim the fenders to fit 33s but everyother lift that is 6.5 says i can fit 35s with ease does anyone know anything about this?

look up clayton long arm lift heavy ffffing duty used in the north west

i am very pleased w/ my 8 inch RK lift it flexes more than any lift ive seen personaly.
rides nice, prolly not the easyest to install on the market
i clear 36x12.5R15 w/ fender trim with no rub in the front at all,i need to trim the rear yet.
i have been trying to put my xj in a situation to catch air,3 wheel, unsuccesfuly. i also live in flat land FL but the canals around here are wicked
myxj0015.jpg

flex2.jpg

nickjc13 said:
does anyone know anything about the 6.5 in longarm it says i might have to cut with 33s but most lifts say 33-35s ez

Now matter how much lift you get you will need bumpstops.
Once you get the 33's you pretty much have to trim a little. There's tons of threads in the mod forum for all different ways and styles. Yes you can fit 35's with 6.5" lift and trimming, 33's just require less trimming.

Your best bet will be 4.5-6.5" lift and 33's with 4.88 gears.
Obviously the 4.5" saving the most money and requireing MORE trimming

nickjc13 said:
does anyone know anything about the 6.5 in longarm it says i might have to cut with 33s but most lifts say 33-35s ez
If you want to stuff a 33, you will need to trim your fenders regardless of the lift hight on your XJ. If you want to stuff a 35, you will need to trim your fenders more. You can run 35s on 3 inches of lift and still get good articulation if you trim your fenders enough. A kit that gives 6.5 inches of actual lift would be plenty tall enough for 37s or 38s.

If you want to run 35s on a Rock Krawler 6.5" kit, you should have no problem.

Back