• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie and dynatrac axles? good, bad, over rated?

2000Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
i am looking around for axles for a cherokee i maybe getting and building up to sit on 39" iroks. but im not sure what kind of axles to get from the junkyard or if i should have currie or dynatrac build them ready to bolt in using a cherokee suspension.

I am looking right now at getting dynatrac D60s front and rear just because i dont know how to weld and i dont really trust my self welding spring perches and stuff and setting up the axles. so i would have to pay a shop to do all of this so it would prob end up costing me the same to set up junk yard axles. unless i get lucky and find a set already set up for cheap on ebay or another forum.

Now my big question would i be better of paying a shop to set up some junk yard axles? or should i drop the coin and buy a new set of dynatrac or currie axles? and if i should go with currie or dynatrac which one is better? or is there another company that sells axles that have comparable prices.

i had talked to currie a while ago about a D60 rear and 9 inch front combo a while ago and i got quoted $2,700 for the D60. $2,800 for the 9 inch
but im not sure if that would be a good setup for the 39" iroks.

Mike D

2000Cherokee said:
i am looking around for axles for a cherokee i maybe getting and building up to sit on 39" iroks. but im not sure what kind of axles to get from the junkyard or if i should have currie or dynatrac build them ready to bolt in using a cherokee suspension.

I am looking right now at getting dynatrac D60s front and rear just because i dont know how to weld and i dont really trust my self welding spring perches and stuff and setting up the axles. so i would have to pay a shop to do all of this so it would prob end up costing me the same to set up junk yard axles. unless i get lucky and find a set already set up for cheap on ebay or another forum.

Now my big question would i be better of paying a shop to set up some junk yard axles? or should i drop the coin and buy a new set of dynatrac or currie axles? and if i should go with currie or dynatrac which one is better? or is there another company that sells axles that have comparable prices.

i had talked to currie a while ago about a D60 rear and 9 inch front combo a while ago and i got quoted $2,700 for the D60. $2,800 for the 9 inch
but im not sure if that would be a good setup for the 39" iroks.

Mike D

Send a message to Cracker: he just got a D60 rear built and he loves it. It's a nice and clean setup and is really really nice!

EricsXJ said:
I can't tell you which ones are any better, but you should also compare the Tera60's front and rear axles from TeraFlex.

x2, and you'll save a bit of money on each going that route. $2800 seems a bit on the low side...what does that include? Might as well save your coin and get all the bells and whistles when you order. Less you'll have to do later! You can't go wrong with any of them though...

where is a good place to buy the tera 60? i looked on there website. but i couldnt find prices on it. unless i have overlooked it.

Back