• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You people and your silly Warn premium hubs.

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I can blow up the premiums just as fast as I can blow up the junk Superwinch hubs. I got 2 days of use out of 'em before I blew 1 up. No, I'm not using drive flanges, it's 60 time!

Well, to know that they've stood up to your abuse for even a short while, is very encouraging :D I won't have a thing to worry about with "only" 35s and my relatively light right foot(yeah yeah, not really, but compared to Sean's I think mine's more like a feather) :D BTW, what shafts/joints are you blowing these up with?

Ary

dude, there's something wrong with that axle.

there is no reason for it.

I get on my junk just as hard as you, in fact *YOU* get on *MY* junk just as hard, if not HARDER than I do.......

I've NEVER had a problem with hubs.

and YOU'VE never had a problem with MY hubs....

yet, both you and I break YOUR hubs pretty damn quick.

face it, your front axle is shitcocked.

OneTonXJ said:
Well, I can blow up the premiums just as fast as I can blow up the junk Superwinch hubs. I got 2 days of use out of 'em before I blew 1 up. No, I'm not using drive flanges, it's 60 time!

That's better than 3 feet!

hinkley

OneTon, are you still running a welded front? The only hubs I've seen stand up are those silly Toy hubs.

Jeff that was with me in Moab runs a welded front and he used to carry a spare superwinch and spare warn. A few years back he broke a stocker on dump bump, put the superwinch in which let go on the way back over, changed it out for the warn, it broke right after his rear tires hit.

I had to implement evasive manuvers to save my life. Jeff was ticked and I was laughing my butt off.

He's ran welded fronts in a CJ7 with 35's, '77 Ford with 42's, and the current toy. The toy has been the only one that hasn't broke hubs on a regular basis. I guess the moral of the story would be you don't need a 60, you need to go smaller. I think I have a Dana 25 laying around somewhere. Comes complete with brakes.

Anyhow,

How is it you call yourself oneton when you only are running 1/2 ton parts?

You better go 60 so we can laugh at you getting all hung up in november on some real rocks!

hinkley

I think you should just stick with the D44 and hubs.........with your karma, you'll just start to break something else that won't be so easy to fix.

:D

Mark Hinkley said:
How is it you call yourself oneton when you only are running 1/2 ton parts?
He must be using that 'new' math...1/2 ton rear + 1/2 ton front = One ton...

It also works with Jes' 1/4 ton comment if you multiply wheels. I hesitated to say that because he might go duallie after thinking that one through. :cheers:

1ton rear 3/4ton front, 7/8ton??? :rolleyes: ijuts!

I was thinking there was something wrong with the spindle or hub, but they check out fine. You people just don't know how to get it :wave: Oh yeah, I broke my hysteer arm off at the same time. It was a good hit.

OneTonXJ said:
Oh yeah, I broke my hysteer arm off at the same time. It was a good hit.

That's what you get for using 1/4" thick material for your steering arms.

Will you ever learn and stop copying Beezil's stuff.

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
That's what you get for using 1/4" thick material for your steering arms.

Will you ever learn and stop copying Beezil's stuff.

hinkley

whereas, copying hinkley would mean that you would need to sell the tubeXJ, and replace it with some faggy dodge pickup......that is supposed to pass for a "real" texas "truck"?????

tough choice.

Back