• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great day at the pick and pull

katarn444

NAXJA Forum User
Took a trip to the junkyard to get a windsheild for the daily driver and found some great stuff for the xj project.
Sway bar end links with poly bushings (must have been replaced) $8
Driver side window motor $6
Tailgate shock $4

And 4 of these at 4$ each, found them while pulling the door panel for the window motor.
pioneer_speakers_web.jpg

Not the greatest but I really needed new speakers, the stock paper ones were toast. These will go in the tailgate and my polk 6" will go in the front doors. I am considering putting the other two in the dear doors, but that is way in the future.

I also found a D44 that I am going back for, not sure if I will install it or sell it. But I will take the leaf springs that are on it and add them to my up-country springs for alittle more lift.

Katarn

New York a bit north of NYC, I have been searching for good junk yards for years, this is the best so far but is pretty far away. The yards in NY are really bad, they normally are not pick and pull and are usually very expensive. Too much money around here.

katarn

if those blue speakers are pioneers like i think they are, they're a huge improvement over the stock paper cones. i put 4 of the newer version pioneer 5.25's in my jeep along with a nice pioneer headunit. you'll love them

They are pioneers but they are pretty cheap. But again my current speakers are in a land fill right now so it will be a great improvement.

Back