• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight/Signal light problem

godplayer

NAXJA Forum User
I checked them all yesterday. Today I finally finish building my Jeep. I go to pull it out of the shop and the headlights won't work. The high beam indicator light and both singal light indicators are lit up in my dash. When I turn on a signal light they both blink including the high beam indicator. I just finished putting my dash back together to. No wires were disconnected. The turn signal indicators and high beam indicator remain on at all times when ignition is on. All three blink slightly faster for the four way flashers.

Everything worked fine yesterday?

When you say "building your jeep", what exactly were you doing?

I am having this problem too... at first my headlights quit working as I began to smell something hot. I changed out the switch, actually with 3 different new switches and now I can get headlights, but no parking/dash lights. If I pull the switch out about half way to the first detent they will come on, but if I go past that one little spot, they will go off. The headlights do come on when I pull the switch all the way out. I did try 3 different switches and they all do the same thing. I thought my plug had maybe melted and let something short inside, so I cut the plug off and straight wired everything with new spade connectors. Do any of the individual spades need to be connected together? Can anyone help...

BTW, I am a new member to NAXJA, I have the following Jeeps in my stable currently:
1996 Cherokee Classic 2WD - White 196k miles
1996 Cherokee Sport 4WD - Red 76k miles
1998 Cherokee Classic 2WD - Chili Pepper Red 130k miles
1998 Cherokee Sport 4WD - Deep Amethyst 157k miles
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 - Silver 11k miles

Back