• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering return hose

CharlieMopps

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I posted this in the OEM forum but am not getting anywhere. I don't think that many people with unmodified jeeps rebuild their steering gearbox. So I'm hoping to get more responses here. (sorry if you already read this over in the other forum)

My power steering was leaking. I just wanted to take out the box and see if I could fine the leak. End result is both lines were destroyed in the process. Rust + Big wrench = bad

I have a master seal rebuilt kit for the gearbox, a new pressure hose and a new return hose (which is just 2 feet of hose)

But the return hose came with no fittings. The fitting that was on there is Strange to say the least an the flare on the end is a double reverse flare? or something like that.

Anyways... does anyone know how or where I can get a new fitting for this thing? I just need something to attach the low pressure hose to.

Could I just get a barbed fitting with the same threads?

It's an 89 btw, dunno if that matters.

Back