• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3d printed xj?

Ericlobster

NAXJA Forum User
Okay this is pretty sweet (If it's true) lol

Audi made a '3d printed' car.

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20151105-audis-3d-printer-works-in-metal

The way it works is you upload the design of your car in this printing machine and out pops a full on working physical product.

Would this be possible to do for a XJ?

I have seen these design files around like for this XJ Roof Rack:
https://pinshape.com/items/17131-3d-printed-proline-xj-roof-rack

Not sure if I can make an entire car (I'm sure Audi made various parts and connected them together), but I would love to make my own custom parts.

Has anyone heard or tried this stuff themselves?

Great.

Just great.

As if automakers needed another way to make it impossible to access that bolt/screw behind the intake manifold or up under the dash.

I can just imagine the "Bwa-ha-ha"s and hands wringing with glee as automotive engineers dream of the truly impossible situations they can now create for those of us who work on cars.

:gonnablow

I've tried to print women but I can't seem to get the adjustable mood mode correct. No matter what I set the printer speed at it always seems to take 28 days.

Last edited:
I've tried to print women but I can't seem to get the adjustable mood mode correct. No matter what I set the printer speed at it always seems to take 28 days.

You're doing it wrong.

Weird-Science.jpg

Great.

Just great.

As if automakers needed another way to make it impossible to access that bolt/screw behind the intake manifold or up under the dash.

I can just imagine the "Bwa-ha-ha"s and hands wringing with glee as automotive engineers dream of the truly impossible situations they can now create for those of us who work on cars.

Here here!

Great.

Just great.

I dont think you are supposed to work on new cars
Its kind of the society of when it needs spark plugs time to throw it away and get a new one

I dont think you are supposed to work on new cars
Its kind of the society of when it needs spark plugs time to throw it away and get a new one

The term I have for this is "Paper plate society".

Back