• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator install - new radiator moves - is it supposed to?

wolverine 00 xj

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry to need so much help on this, but I'm stumped. I put in my new CSF radiator from DPG Offroad. Except for a problem w/ the trans line hookup, everything went pretty well. Now that I've got everything put back together, the top of the radiator moves front to back. I can move it about 3/4" or so. I checked to see if the old one had some way of fixing the top in place, and it doesn't appear to. The new one is set up the same way, as far as I can see. I don't have any fasteners left over or anything. Maybe the old one moved, and I just didn't notice it.

Anyone have this problem? Is there some movement built in to it? It doesn't seem like there should be, but I'm a newbie on this. Anyone know the answer on this?

I just went out and checked the old radiator. I has no hardware or rubber pads or anything still attached to it. I carefully checked to see if I had any fasteners left over, or had done anything wrong, and I can't find anything.

Last edited:
Update: I found that the old radiator (wasn't the original) did not have the isolators. It didn't occur to me that anything was missing, because the one I replaced didn't have any, and it didn't move. Anyway, since almost nothing was open yesterday, and the places that were didn't have the isolators in stock, I fabbed a couple up w/ some pieces of c channel, a bolt, and some old rubber pads I had left over from something. Seem to be working fine now- the radiator's solid as a rock.

I got mine from the junkyard - they threw em in free along with the fan shroud when I bought a d30.

How do you like that CSF? I just ordered one from Dirk for my 2000 XJ. I replaced the whole cooling system last summer yet it still likes to run 215-218*.

Back