• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PB Blaster

three

Yeah, three should do it. Start spraying everything once a day, every day, for at least a week before you start work. Especially spray up into the frame to get the ends of the front leaf spring mounting bolts. There is a hole in the frame close enough that you should be able to soak the bolt through the hole. Also soak down the front and rear bushings on the leaf springs to try to be sure the bolts aren't frozen in the steel sleeves.

Don't forget the upper shock mount bolts in the rear.

Also, Don't forget to spray inside the frame rails at the rear under the rear bumper mount to hit the inside of the upper rear shackle bolt.. This is another one of those hidden nut jobbers.. and.. is a complete pain if you break this off or anything of that nature.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up.

Bill

SnowyXJ said:
Also, Don't forget to spray inside the frame rails at the rear under the rear bumper mount to hit the inside of the upper rear shackle bolt.. This is another one of those hidden nut jobbers.. and.. is a complete pain if you break this off or anything of that nature.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up.

Bill

Yeah.

In fact, if the lift kit doesn't include replacement shackles, I wouldn't even touch this one.

Make sure you have a torch and angle grinder on "standby"
when your last can of PB runs dry with one or two
bolts that won't budge.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Stuff doesn't rust that bad in WA, the leaf bolts will be about the only tough part (unless the rig is from back east or canada/alaska)

one can should be plenty.

cherokeekid said:
Stuff doesn't rust that bad in WA, the leaf bolts will be about the only tough part (unless the rig is from back east or canada/alaska)

one can should be plenty.

I used one. There is a better product called Trust-it, but it is hard to find unless you are a mechanic and have a supplier. Two cans will be plenty and I live in Pittsburgh, one of the worst places to live due to salt and ice all the time in winter. Oh yeah and it rains all the time in summer. Other than that it is great.

Curt

I am gonna call SPOBI on this one. I have a 90, you will need 4 cans of PB, some can do it with 3, but I recommend 4. BTW....PB on your hands really improves the taste of cold day old Pizza off the garage floor. Spray the front rear spring mounts liberally and repetably, if these bolts snap it can be a PIA to remove them.

Rev

Rev Den said:
I am gonna call SPOBI on this one. I have a 90, you will need 4 cans of PB,
Rev

Oh I guess they used more "rust and corrsion" on the 1990 models. I thought it would depend on where the vehicle was.:rolleyes:

Exactlly! In 90 they lacked the modern rust preventatives that the 92 had. The result of less efficent coatings led to an increase in corrosion issues......(your not buying this are you?)

I agree it had more to do with living on the "rust belt", but what the heck, you can never use to much PB when starting a lift on a 13 year old vehicle.

Rev (tounge in cheek) Den

Back