• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driver side power door lock stopped working?

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '96 XJ Country with power windows and door locks.

I noticed today that the driver side lock does not even attempt to lock or unlock itself when using the power lock/unlock button. All the others work great.

The lock still works manually by hand and with key.

What should I look for first?

Check the solenoid for voltage when you're power locking the door, If you're getting voltage, replace the locking solenoid, if you're not, check the wire leading to the solenoid for any breaks (door hinge tube, under drivers side feet, kick panel) maybe one of the wires has come loose)
can't recall what color the wires are for power lock, but you'll find out at the solenoid.

I had the door lock problem and it turned out to be broken wires between the door and kick panel inside the rubber boot. I soldered a small extension in between and taped them up good. Its not a permenant fix but better than the alternative of replacing the whole thing.

Back