• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Hinge repair kit inststuction link

Dave in ABQ

NAXJA Forum User
I replied to an earler post, but thought I'd create a new thread for all those saggy doors out there.

I've been meaning to post this link for some time.

http://www.i-car.com/html_pages/abo...e/advantage_online_archives/2002/070102b.html

I had this installed for $50 bucks at a body shop for both front doors on my '92. In hind sight, I should have spent the money on a good rivit tool. (it will take a big one). The plate seems to work well as long as your doors are not too bad already.

Good luck

I have been having "door rubbing" for a couple months. Today it got to the point that I could only open my door about 25 degrees without destroying the front quarter panel. However, my "temper" persuaded me to open it all the way- thus pushing in my front panel.

But, I was able to take a large pry bar and pull out the front quarter panel so that it was back to an even level with the door. Now I have NO rubbing! I was amazed! Whatever my prying did fixed the problem. So here is the part number (#12345) for the fix. Add a dash of temper and a large flat head screwdriver.

Thank you, sir, you're a gent and a scholar.

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

Just a quick follow-up.....

I called my local parts pusher, and discovered that the Type A kits were cheap..... $5.50 each! Order me 2, please.

I put them on last week. The TSB claims a 30 minute install, and that's pretty accurate. Biggest problem is holding the tapping block in place, and feeding a bolt in through the other bracket and getting it started. A mechanic's magnet helped a lot. You'll definitely need a large pop-riveter, Dad has a big 2 handled one that worked pretty well. I think it's available now at Harbor Freight for around $30 on sale.

After the install, the driver's door has nicely tightened up and isn't leaning outward anymore.

ChiXJeff
Glad to hear your door install went well. I forgot to mention how cheap the parts were. Its nice DC has a solution for our saggy door XJ's

Happy wheeling

David

Back