• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ front disk and brake booster conversion

FLAGXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have acquired a 94 zj for very cheap. After looking into it, I will probably use it for parts(my wife has a 96 zj daily driver). I am going to use the rear zj disks to do the rear disk conversion on my 89 xj.

I was wondering if anyone has also swapped out the front zj disks and brake booster on their xj as well. Would it be worth the time and effort? I have not crawled underneath to check if the front disk setup is the same as my 89xj. It very well may be. The brake booster looks a little beefier on the zj.

Right now my brakes suck and I am looking for every improvement possible. Tired of not being able to stop.

i did the wj(1999-2004)grand cherokee booster and master swap on my 89.

just make sure the zj is a dual diaphram booster and not single.

The brake booster can be modified to fit. The steering knuckles would need to be swapped in to fit with some machining needed to get the fronts to work. Personally I'd leave the fronts alone and just do the power booster, prop. valve, and rear disk conversions. (If the Grand has them) Do a search it's been covered alot.

Hasta

Yeah. .. I've heard of and researched the wj booster/knuckle swaps but wasn't sure if the zj would be the same. Thanks for the info, tho.

I was just checking summit and they have the wilwood adjustable prop valve on the front page for $42--you can dial it in however you want.

Back