• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No start on Jeep engine swap-Flexplate problem?

wildman50

NAXJA Forum User
:helpme:

I put a 1990 4 liter in a 1992 cherokee. I have the 90' flexplate still on the motor. Was there a change in flexplates from 90' to 92' that would cause a no start situation? Could it be because of the windows are spaced differently causing the spark to be every other compression stroke? I changed everything in the electonics to the 92' system except the flexplate. I appreciate any input. I can't get this thing to start!

Oh man! Thats it. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you. I knew you pro's would have the answer. Glad I joined up.

Hey, is it easier to convert the 92' to renix rather than pull the motor and change the flexplate?

It depends on what you want I guess. I think I would just drop the rear drive shaft unbolt the tranny and slide it back. Time wise might be close to the same. I think you need all of the sensors, wiring and computer. Which it looks like you already have.

Back